Family DIY fun crafts and projects
Mar 24, 2014
Goofy Glasses Photo Booth Props Mustache and Beard Craft
Grab an old pair of sunglasses and transform them into a fun incognito costume or disguise for your kids! This tutorial will have your family grinning in no time.
The next time you're at the party supply store, check out all the sunglasses with dangling faux mustaches. There are tons! From school colors to pairs with Easter bunny whiskers, these silly photo-booth props are everywhere. For instant fun, try making your own. We're bearding it up, but kids can make just about any facial expression they like.
- Stiff craft felt (sold in sheets); your choice of colors
- Old glasses or sunglasses
- Glue gun and hot glue
- Marker or pen for tracing
- Beard and mustache template (click on image at right to download PDF)
- Select the type of glasses your child likes. Our template is for tweens and teens, so we picked adult-sized specs. Look at the party/grocery store or dollar shop.
- Print out your templates on card stock or heavier-weight paper; cut out. Have your child try on glasses and hold the templates up to make just the right fit.
- Trace templates onto the stiff felt. The sheets are available in a variety of colors at craft stores, so have fun making your selections.
- Place a small dot of hot glue on the back of the mustache on both sides and place on top of beard. Let pieces dry and cool. Then, place a small dot of hot glue on either side of the front of the glasses toward the tops of the lenses. Place beard ends into the glue and push into place. Use a toothpick to keep your fingers from touching the hot glue.
- Pull away any hot-glue threads. With your felt scraps, add two tilted eyebrows to the top of the lenses, if you like. Then your prop is ready for its close-up!