Skating Rinks and Skate Parks in Southeast Michigan
The best places for kids, parents and the entire family to try some roller or inline skating inside – or grab the skateboards and have a blast outside
(page 2 of 3)
- Address: 4475 Highland Road, Waterford
- Phone: 248-674-0808
- Hours: vary; call ahead for times and sessions
- Cost: $4/matinee and Saturday morning session, $3/"cheap skate," $7/open skate, $6/family matinee, $5/family skate night
Still operated by the original founding family from the 1950s, this rink offers classes from competitive coaches, along with adult exercise and preschool open skate. Hours and sessions vary by season, so be sure to call ahead for current season information.
- Address: 2825 E. Maple Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-689-4100
- Hours: vary; ask about afternoon skate sessions on Saturdays and Sundays
- Cost: $5/afternoon skate sessions
Pump up the volume and skate to a massive sound system with family, teen and adult night skating sessions. Enjoy "cheap skate" for $3 on Wednesdays and a premium snack bar and arcade room. Inline skating also available.
- Address: 23911 Allen Road, Woodhaven
- Phone: 734-671-0222
- Hours: vary, Sundays-Saturdays; ask about open skate times Sundays, Fridays and Saturdays (may vary by season)
- Cost: $4.50/adult skate, $5/all ages
This family-friendly skating rink turns into the LiveWire teen dance club on Fridays, has Zumba fitness classes and a new bounce house to add to open skate and private parties. Admission on Tuesdays is only $1, along with $1 snacks all night long.
- Address: 37550 Cherry Hill Road, Westland
- Phone: 734-326-2800
- Hours: vary, Mondays-Saturdays; ask about open skate times on Fridays and Saturdays (call to ensure not closed for a holiday)
- Cost: ranges $3-$8/based on day and time
With lots of times posted for open skate sessions, roller and inline lessons and even an inline hockey league, your wheels will be rolling all summer long – and into the school year, too.
- Address: 8611 Ronda Drive, Canton
- Phone: 734-459-6400
- Hours: vary, Sunday-Saturdays; ask about open skate times on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays (may vary by season)
- Cost: $6/open skate (prices may vary)
This Bonaventure affiliate offers plenty of family skating fun. This rink is family friendly with "Adult Coffee and Cake Class," "Rollers and Strollers Skate" and "Friday Night Live Skate."
- Address: 29100 Hayes Blvd., Roseville
- Phone: 586-777-4300
- Hours: vary, Tuesdays-Sundays; ask about open skate times Tuesdays-Saturdays (may vary by season)
- Cost: $5/matinee open skating (includes skate rental); $7-$10/other times, based on open skate session
Serious skaters, rejoice! This rink houses the artistic skating club of Roseville, the Wolverine inline speed skating team and all-night skates for unstoppable Scouts. Call ahead about "Animal Cracker Skate" and "Roller Roo's Morning Zoo" sessions.
- Address: 50625 Van Dyke Ave., Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-731-5006
- Hours: vary, Tuesdays-Sundays (private parties on Mondays); ask about open skate times on Tuesdays-Thursdays and Saturdays-Sundays (may vary by season)
- Cost: $6/open skate
This Skatin Station affiliate has open skate and specials like free middle school ID night during select Friday Night Live skates. Sign up for inline hockey here, too. Check out "Rollers & Strollers Skate" and "Home School Skate"; call ahead for class schedule.
- Address: 1700 S Livernois Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-608-2858
- Hours: 6-9 p.m. Fridays, 1-5 p.m. Saturdays (open skate times)
- Cost: $6/open skate
Tight on cash? Check out one the free skate sessions offered. Inline and traditional skates are available for rent. Call ahead for additional open skate times and dates, when local schools have a day off.