Easter Bunny Visits at Southeast Michigan Shopping Centers
Put some spring in your mall trip and have the kids smile (hopefully) for a 2014 keepsake photo at spots in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties
(page 1 of 2)
He's big, fluffy, friendly and has a bit of a carrot problem (at least he's big on healthy eating, right?). Yep: We're talking about the Easter Bunny. And this festive fellow is bouncing around a variety of malls and shopping centers in the metro Detroit and Ann Arbor regions. Queue on up for a traditional professional photo – in most cases, snapping a smartphone pic is discouraged, so be cool – that's a guaranteed great memory down the road, whether your kid is all grins or covered in tears. (Sometimes, the latter winds up even more memorable!) These malls and shopping centers have you covered.
- Address: 100 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor, near the Sears entrance
- Phone: 734-769-9610
- 2014 hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sundays, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays March 27-April 19. Note: Extended hours as Easter draws closer – last week is 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday; breaks are typically 1-1:45 and 5-5:45 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and 3-3:45 p.m. Sundays
- Photo packages: $19.99 and up; no cameras allowed
While you wait to see the Easter Bunny, swing by Briarwood's annual farm babies petting display to see some real-life bunnies, plus little goats and chicks (they're here from the time the mall opens till 2 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays). This mall also hosts the Caring Bunny on April 13, 9:30-11 a.m.
- Address: 18000 Vernier Road, Harper Woods, Sears court
- Phone: 313-371-1501
- 2014 hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday, April 12-19
- Photos: packages range $9.99-$29.99; no personal cameras
The big April 12 kick-off features "a quick Easter egg hunt" in the play area; the kid who finds the Golden Ticket gets a $25 gift card. Then, the rascally rabbit sets up shop here till the Saturday before Easter.
- Address: 18900 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, center court
- Phone: 800-992-9500
- 2014 hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, March 28-April 19. Note: Bunny takes occasional brief "carrot breaks."
- Photos: $22-$44; comes with a free 11-ounce photo mug offer from Snapfish
Bunnyville sets up shop in Dearborn, complete with the Hoppin' Fresh Bakery, Hare Salon and 24 Carrot Bank! Kids queue up to see ol' long ears; then, take advantage of the photo op in front of the Bunny House. All kids receive a free small gift just for visiting.
- Address: 4000 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills, food court
- Phone: 877-746-7452
- 2014 hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, March 28-April 20
- Photos: options range $10-$44
Bounce on in to see the big bunny, a dapper dude in an Easter-bright coat, at the outlets – heck, he's even here Easter Day! Bunnyville is in full swing, complete with E.B's festive stone house, a dandy backdrop for some fine photos.
- Address: 14000 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights, lower Sears entrance area
- Phone: 586-247-1590
- 2014 hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday March 29-April 19. Note: Extended hours of 10 a.m.-9 p.m. run April 16-19. Bunny takes "carrot breaks" throughout the day.
- Photos: packages start at $22.99
The floppy-eared fellow is pretty pumped to be appearing at an all-new Easter photo set. Enjoy a little spring magic, and be sure to buy a photo on the way out.
- Address: 37700 W. Six Mile Road, Livonia, food court
- Phone: 734-462-1100
- 2014 hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday, March 29-April 19. Note: Bunny takes periodic "carrot breaks."
- Photos: packages ranges $21-$47; tack on extras like a classic black-and-white finish, high-res CD and more ($7-$10)
Where can you find the bunny? The food court, of course! Hop on over to high five everyone's favorite hare, smile big for the camera, purchase a few pix – and then grab a bite.