Water Parks, Spray Grounds, Public Pools in Southeast Michigan
Water slides, lazy rivers and more: These family spots offer summer 2014 fun for parents and kids in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties
(page 3 of 3)
- Address: 2240 W. Buno Road, Milford
- Phone: 248-685-0603
- Hours (2014): 11 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day
- Costs (2014): regular: $5/adults, $4/kids (ages 15 and under) and seniors; twilight (5 p.m.-close): $4/adults, $3/kids and seniors; add Huron-Clinton Metroparks vehicle pass: $7/daily, $30/annual; free/children under 2
This spot has two 250-foot twisted waterslides and a cool spray ground with palm trees, serpents and cannons. Waterslide riders must be 48 inches tall. Dry off at adjacent Martindale Beach (and, for more water fun, kayak, canoe, paddleboat or rowboat options are also nearby).
- Address: Clintonwood Park, 6000 Clarkston Road, Clarkston
- Phone: 248-625-1444
- Hours: Toddler time (ages 6 and under): 10 a.m.-11 a.m. weekdays; open to all ages 11 a.m.-7 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. weekends.
- Costs: free/adults; $2/residents 17 and under, $4/nonresidents 17 and under
This 3,200 square foot spray park, built in memory of local resident Renee Przybylski, offers a variety of water features. The park also has baseball and soccer fields, sand volleyball courts, picnic pavilions and more.
- Address: Summit on the Park, 1150 Canton Center Road South, Canton
- Phone: 734-394-5460
- Hours (2014): open swim: 1:30-5:30 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, 12:30-3:30 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 12:30-3:30 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30-3:30 p.m. and 6:30-9 p.m. Fridays, June 16-Aug. 31 (open year-round; check ahead for other times)
- Costs for Summit complex (2014): city residents: $7/adults, $6/ages 12-17, $5/ages 4-11, $6/seniors; nonresidents: $15/adults, $6/ages 12-17, $5/ages 4-11, $13/seniors
Enjoy a lap pool, leisure pool with zero-depth entry, therapy pool, lazy river, slide, spa, steam room, sauna, swim lessons and water fitness classes.
- Address: 3425 Civic Center Drive, Troy
- Phone: 248-524-3514
- Hours: Open swim: 3-7:30 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays May 27-June 11; 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m. daily June, August and Sept. 1; 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays and 11 a.m.-8 p.m. weekdays July
- Costs: Daily pass: $8.50/residents, $13/nonresidents; twilight (after 5 p.m.): $4.50/residents and $6.75/nonresidents; free/under 3 (get full Troy Family Aquatic Center costs)
With two small kiddy pools, a zero-depth entry leisure pool, a 20-foot-wide waterfall, bubbling geysers, a water tree and a 25-foot waterside, this center has lots to offer the whole family.
- Address: 17845 Savage Road, Belleville
- Phone: 734-697-9181
- Hours (2014): 11 a.m.-7 p.m. weekdays, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. weekends and holidays, Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day
- Costs (2014): $10/adults 48 inches and taller, $8/kids 30-47 inches, free/kids under 30 inches, $6/twilight (after 5 p.m.); add Huron-Clinton Metroparks vehicle pass: $7/daily, $30/annual; 50 cents/coin-operated lockers
Find two waterslides, a laid-back lazy river, a sunning hill and a cool water play scape with a 300-gallon dumping bucket. Don't forget the zero-depth entry pool with lap lanes. Top it off with food and beverages at Turtle Cove Grille. Ages 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent.
- Address: 2150 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-794-6235
- Hours (2014): 3:30-7 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and noon-7 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays and holidays May 24-June 13; 1-4:45 and 6:30-9 p.m. Mondays-Fridays and noon-4:45 p.m. and 6:30-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays and holidays June 14-Sept. 1; tot splash (ages 7 and younger with adult): noon-1 p.m. Mondays-Fridays
- Costs (2014): $5/adults, $4/ages 4-17 and seniors, free/3 and under with paying adult
This Ann Arbor city pool is family friendly, affordable and filled with soak options. Kids over 42 inches tall can tackle a 125-foot water slide, and smaller ones can play under water-shooting contraptions.
- Address: 1702 Scott Lake Road, Waterford
- Phone: 248-858-0918
- Hours (2014): regular season (June 9-Aug. 24): 10 a.m.-7 p.m. weekends and holidays, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. weekdays; late season (Aug. 25-29): 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; final days (Aug. 30-Sept. 1): 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; twilight (after 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, excluding holidays): buy one, get one free
- Costs (2014): weekends and holidays: $10/residents, $12/nonresidents; weekdays: $8/general; $1/coin-operated lockers (get full Waterford Oaks Waterpark cost info here); free/parking; $1/discount active military and seniors ages 62 and up
This tropical-themed oasis has a Dual-Flume Slidewinder Waterslide and wave-action pool. The Big Bucket children's water playground boasts 30-plus interactive activities, including a giant tipping bucket, waterfalls and sprayers (must be 56 inches or shorter), and Ragin' Rapid, a group raft ride with three stories of twists and turns.