Angry Birds Holiday Ornaments Holiday Craft
Deck the family holiday tree with your favorite video puzzle game critters! Here are templates and directions to make Yellow Bird, Red Bird and Green Pig.
If your kids (or even you, mom and dad) are Angry Birds fans, it just makes sense to deck the halls with your favorite characters! Armed with just felt, hot glue and some paint, you can easily create your favorite characters this weekend. Here, we offer the how-to Yellow Angry Bird – and, toward the end, templates to create Red Angry Bird and Green Angry Pig, too!
- Angry Bird templates (click on the PDF image to the right)
- 1 sheet of stiff yellow felt
- 1 sheet of stiff black felt
- 1 sheet of stiff white felt
- 1 sheet of stiff red felt
- 1 sheet of stiff orange felt
- Black acrylic paint (we used Martha Stewart's all-purpose paint)
- Hole puncher
- String, twine or ribbon (your choice)
- Hot-glue gun
- Hot-glue sticks
Start out by printing out the Angry Bird template (above) and cutting out each piece. Trace the following pieces on the following colors of stiff felt (found right next to the regular craft felt at your local craft supply store):
- Body – Yellow
- Chest – White
- Eyebrows – Red
- Beak – Orange
- Hair – Black
- Tail – Black
- Cut out each piece and set aside.
- With the hot-glue gun, first place the chest at the bottom of the body piece. Once that is cool, place the beak right above the chest and glue down. Add the eyes and then the left eyebrow (you'll add the right eyebrow later).
- With most of the Yellow Bird now complete, add a generous amount of hot glue to the back of the body and position on the stiff black felt. Once it's cool, cut out about 1/4" inch from where you glued the yellow body down. You can now add the red eyebrow, as well as the hair and tail.
- Take the black acrylic paint and add two small dots for pupils in Yellow Bird's eyes. Let dry.
- With your hole puncher, punch a hole in the Yellow Bird's hair. Cut a piece of string to your desired length for hanging and feed through the hole. You're now ready to hang him on the tree.
Using the same technique, you can create the Red Bird and a Green Pig, too (click on one of the two templates below)!