Metro Parent Camp & Activity Fair 2012
Metro Parent's Camp & Activity Fair was on Feb. 12, 2012. Parents learned about a variety of day and overnight camps for kids.
Kids camp is making a comeback, according to the American Camp Association. For the past few years, attendance at local camps has been climbing – and it’s no wonder. Camp offers kids a unique opportunity to learn new skills, pursue special interests, connect with nature and make friends that can last a lifetime. But picking the right camp for your child isn't easy. That’s where Metro Parent’s Camp & Activity Fair can help. This year, we hosted two portions: one "live," and one online only!
The live event on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012, showcased the following:
- Representatives from area camps – day and overnight, nature and specialty interest – talking about what their camps offer and help you decide the best camp fit for your kids.
- Interactives activites – like archery demos and arts and crafts – got kids pumped up for camp season.
- Special Camp Fair contests and giveaways.
- Franklin Athletic Club's Tennis Demo
- Plum Market’s YouScoop Trail Mix Station
- The REI Erect-a-Tent Challenge, where families competed for a chance to win an REI four-person tent, perfect for family vacations!
- Learn to Canoe with Camp Newaygo!
Here was the scoop:
- Date: Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012
- Time: Noon-3:30 p.m.
- Place: Franklin Athletic Club, 29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield
- Cost: FREE!
On Monday, Feb. 13, 2012, we started our first ever Metro Parent Virtual Camp Fair for information on 40-plus camps, a scavenger hunt, articles, chances to win cool free stuff and more!