Snow Day Fun
A big blizzard has arrived! Schools are closed and most parents have ditched work. So, now what? Check out our 11 ideas for family fun for the snowbound.
1. Whip up some homemade hot chocolate with the kids. Nothing beats something warm on a cold day!
2. Build a fort. Use your imagination – move the furniture around, throw some blankets over it and you've made one! You can also use cardboard for a frame – whatever you have will do.
3. Introduce the kids to your favorite tunes and have a dance party right there in the family room. It's a great way to expand their music knowledge and get them moving on this otherwise lazy day.
4. Spend some time in the kitchen, making lunch or dinner. Teach the kids something new on their day off from school. Throw a dessert recipe, like quick and easy chocolate cake, in the mix and you'll be having fun in no time.
5. Grab the old socks, some glue and a few accessories and make sock puppets. Throw an impromptu puppet show!
6. Play hide and seek as a family. It's one of the best games to play indoors and the hiding possibilities are endless.
7. Play board games or cards.
8. Kick it old school and write letters to relatives who live far away. Kids often forget how nice it is to hand write letters to loved ones. It'll be a treat for the letter recipients. Include a picture, too!
9. Have a movie night. Pop in one of the Toy Story movies, make some popcorn and you're all set.
10. Use this opportunity to clean the house. Make it fun by having the kids race to clean their rooms. The winner gets a prize – dessert after dinner, a bit of cash or the chance to pick what movie you watch that evening.
11. Reminisce with the kids by digging out the family photos and making a collage.