Bakeries and Cupcake Shops in Southeast Michigan
Need a specialty birthday cake for your kid's party? Maybe just a sweet treat for your family to enjoy? Visit one of these bake shops in Macomb, Oakland, Wayne and Washtenaw counties.
(page 1 of 5)
Celebrations wouldn't be complete without a delicious cake to eat, right? Well, if you're no good at whipping up tasty treats in the kitchen and your little one's birthday is not far away, you're in luck. Southeast Michigan has sweet shops galore specializing in making unique, colorful and artistic desserts for parties. Just want to snack on something sugary? Satisfy your craving for confections by swinging by a bakery for a cupcake (or a dozen) and some cookies, too. No matter if you're in Macomb, Oakland, Wayne or Washtenaw, you'll be able to find the perfect place to get your fix with a quick scroll through our roundup!
- Address: 3969 Fort St., Lincoln Park
- Phone: 313-408-8038
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Angel's Bake-n-Cakes will customize desserts to be just what you want. Their selection ranges from designer cakes – perfect for birthdays – to cookies, candies, edible arrangements and more. Head here for parent/child classes in the summer, or the MAKE-BAKE-TAKE event for children's birthday parties. See pictures on Facebook.
- Address: 422 W. Willis St., Detroit
- Phone: 313-832-0008
- Hours: 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
West Grand Boulevard/New Center
- Address: 2799 W. Grand Blvd., Detroit
- Phone: 313-916-7635
- Hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, closed Saturday
Aside from just their signature breads, Avalon also makes sweets! Stop at this Detroit spot for sticky buns, scones, brownies and a wealth of cookies and muffins.
- Address: Keego Harbor
- Phone: 248-390-0560
Cupcakes and cookies are the sweets to stock up on at this Oakland County spot. Baked fresh when you order and made from scratch with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
- Address: 2065 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-686-3357
- Hours: Regular hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday; 2014 winter hours: 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
Making cakes since 2009, Baked Impressions creates unique cakes for birthdays and special events like baby showers and graduations. They also sell over 20 types of cupcakes. Have your kid's birthday party here, where they can decorate their own cupcakes! All products are certified kosher dairy by Kosher Michigan.
- Address: 30760 Southfield Road, Southfield
- Phone: 248-723-9000
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
- Address: 29581 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington Hills
- Phone: 248-626-9000
- Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
This wholesale bakery is a completely nut- and dairy-free bakery, offering beads, pastries, brownies, cakes (including dairy-free cheesecake), cupcakes and cookies.
- Address: 13161 Dix-Toledo Road, Southgate
- Phone: 734-225-7799
- Hours: Call for hours
Created in 2011, Cake in a Cup says they "proudly put a twist on traditional cake." For their cupcakes – made daily from scratch – they offer 35-plus flavors of cake and more than 45 flavors of buttercream frosting, including zany flavors like sour watermelon and root beer!