Bakeries and Cupcake Shops in Southeast Michigan
Need a specialty birthday cake for your kid's party? Maybe just a sweet treat for your family to enjoy? Visit one of these bake shops in Macomb, Oakland, Wayne and Washtenaw counties.
(page 2 of 5)
- Address: Home-based in Belleville
- Phone: 734-728-7300
- Hours: Call to place an order
After owning a shop for nearly two decades in Wayne, Deb now makes cakes out of her Belleville home. She specializes in 3D and cutout varieties – great for birthdays or any special occasion.
- Address: 20737 Mack Ave., Grosse Pointe Woods
- Phone: 313-881-2888
- Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
Aside from just chocolates, Chocolate Bar Cafe is the eastside's spot to get ice cream, cupcakes in 30 different flavors, hot and cold drinks and special order cakes for celebrations.
- Address: 45883 Hayes St., Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-566-5545
- Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday. Note: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday Jan. 11-Wednesday March 5, 2014; closed Mondays Jan. 27 and Feb. 3, 2014 (hours subject to change during holidays)
This Macomb County bakery says it churns out approximately 375 cakes a week – not including wedding cakes. Order a cake for your little one's birthday or a special family event, or just swing by for tortes and pastry items, ranging from cheesecakes to crepes.
- Address: 116 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-222-1801
- Address: 136 N. Old Woodward, Birmingham
- Phone: 248-593-1903
- Address: 301 W. Nine Mile Road, Ferndale
- Phone: 248-336-8668
- Address: 318 Main St., Plymouth
- Phone: 734-582-0500
- Address: 205 S. Main St., Rochester
- Phone: 248-651-5401
- Hours (all locations): Winter hours (Dec. 1, 2014-Feb. 28, 2014): 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday; all to get hours for other seasons
With 24 flavors of cupcakes made fresh daily, you can't go wrong with Cupcake Station, which was voted Local 4's "Best Cupcakes in Metro Detroit" in 2011. Order cupcakes for your family's celebration – or stop by to satisfy your sweet tooth with various other baked goods.
- Address: 33471 W. Eight Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 248-476-3600
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Specializing in unique cake designs for birthdays and various other celebrations. Check out their specialty cakes and tortes, too.
- Address: 18353 Hall Road, Macomb
- Phone: 586-416-GIGI (4444)
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Each day of the week, Gigi's Cupcakes has got a new mix of cupcake flavors to enjoy. Or try their cheesecake flavors (which they carry every day), mini cupcakes and stuffed cookies.
- Address: Home-based in Saline
- Phone: 734-429-2039
- Hours: Call to place an order
Find birthday cakes, baby shower cakes, cookies, custom cupcakes and more at Gwen's.
- Address: 37458 Five Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 734-464-1855
- Hours: 5 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
At this family-owned bakery, find fresh-baked goods including cupcakes and birthday cakes, but also breads, doughnuts, pastries, cookies and more.
- Address: 29200 Campbell Road, Madison Heights
- Phone: 248-399-0900
- Hours: 7 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 1495 Rochester Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-601-7100
- Hours: 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
Looking for breads, cookies, pies, cakes and pastries to fulfill your craving for sweets or to bring to a party? The bakeries at Hollywood Markets' Rochester Hills and Madison Heights locations can supply you with these fresh goodies and more.
- Address: 22441 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Phone: 313-563-5161
- Hours: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Celebrating a birthday or a need a cake for a baby shower? Iversen's Bakery has got you covered! They do tiered cakes as well children's cakes, cakes for baby showers, graduations and more.