Bakeries and Cupcake Shops in Southeast Michigan
Need a specialty birthday cake for your kid's party? Maybe just a sweet treat for your family to enjoy? Visit one of these bake shops in Macomb, Oakland, Wayne and Washtenaw counties.
(page 5 of 5)
Detroit (COMING SOON IN SPRING 2014)
- Address: 15 E. Kirby St., Suite 115, Detroit
- Address: 118 E. Main St., Northville
- Phone: 248-449-4666
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday
- Address: 5975 North Wayne Road, Westland
- Phone: 734-729-NOMS (6667)
- Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
With tons of different cupcake flavors to pick from, including candy and sweet treat cupcakes, soda pop cupcakes, and booze cupcakes (for mom and dad only, of course), you're sure to find a dessert you'll love!
- Address: 23807 Van Born Road, Taylor
- Phone: 313-292-6621
- Hours: 5 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Cakes from Roberto's are sure to be creative and a ton of fun. Just check out the pictures on their Facebook page!
- Address: 6930 N. Rochester Road, Rochester
- Phone: 248-656-2253
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, closed Monday. Note: Closes early if all cupcakes are sold
The flavors here are all named after rock 'n' roll songs and legends. The Rolling Stone, Yellow Submarine, The White Stripes and Kid Rock are just a few of the cupcakes you'll find here. Need a special order for a birthday? Just call ahead about a week.
- Address: 41120 Five Mile Road, Plymouth
- Phone: 734-335-7145
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Need gluten free? No problem. Get gluten-free cupcakes, birthday cakes and other confections here. Visit their Facebook page for more information and photos, too.
- Address: Home-based in Utica
- Phone: 586-854-0825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Call or email to order
Get artsy and creative cakes and cupcakes for your little one's birthday here. This family-owned and -operated business delivers!
- Address: 31236 Five Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 734-525-5544
- Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Looking for a colorful cake made to fit your child's style? Order from Sorella's. Or get cupcakes. For parties, you can even get a chocolate fountain. Yum!
- Address: 13258 Northline Road, Southgate
- Phone: 734-284-5350
- Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, closed Sunday
Find cakes with an array of flavors for both batter and icing. Or order cheesecake, pastries and pies from this longtime neighborhood bakery.
- Address: 4153 Orchard Lake Road, Orchard Lake
- Phone: 248-737-8900
- Hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, closed Tuesday
- Address: 3848 E. 13 Mile Road, Warren
- Phone: 586-721-8900
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
Celebrate your bundle of joy that's on the way with a cake from Sweet Dreams, or order a specialty cake for your child's birthday. Sweet Dreams can help you out with your kids' birthday, Holy Communion, graduation and more.
- Address: Home-based in Warren
- Phone: 586-799-CUPS (2877) or order via email at email@example.com
Three vegan sisters started this shop after having trouble finding cupcakes made without egg and dairy. Now, they create from-scratch cupcakes in a variety of flavors free of animal products. They also make vegan jarcakes and chocolate chip cookies. Find the latest on their Facebook page. Note: Must give at least two days notice for orders.
- Address: 145 Maple St., Wyandotte
- Phone: 734-285-2253 or 866-452-8976
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, closed Monday
Located in downtown Wyandotte, this sweets shop makes cakes for baby showers, birthdays and more!
- Address: 6617 Allen Road, Allen Park
- Phone: 313-389-5336
- Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday
Looking for cakes, cupcakes and pastries downriver? You'll find these goodies at Sweet Tooth. Check out their gallery to see some of the birthday cakes they've designed.
- Address: 304 S. Main St., Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-543-2253
- Hours: 11 a.m.-sold out Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-sold out Sunday, closed Monday
The 2012 winners of The Food Network's Cupcake Wars make a variety of cupcakes, including "The" Red Velvet, sweet potato and vegan chocolate. Stop in for a different mix of flavors each day, or special order from their expansive list of specialties.
- Address: 1203 S. Main St., Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-1414
- Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
Find a delicious cake at this market's bakery that's special for your child's birthday or your special occasion. Make sure you call ahead! Or pick up pies, cupcakes, cookies, breads and tortes.
- Address: Home-based in Macomb County
- Phone: 586-436-CAKE (2253)
- Hours: Call to order
This full-service cakery is based out of Macomb County. Find custom cakes, cupcakes, cookies and candies here. The Happy Cake Lady boasts fresh and never-frozen desserts. Sign up for a variety of classes at your own home!
- Address: 6585 Commerce Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-698-1800
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday
Find sweets galore at this Oakland County bake shop. Check out their website to see all the different cake, cupcake and dessert choices.
- Address: 50 S. Main St., Clarkston
- Phone: 248-620-3800
- Hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
At the Union General Cupcakery, find made-from-scratch cupcakes, named one of America's Best New Cupcakes by Food & Wine, and other tasty treats, too.
- Address: 39566 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills
- Phone: 248-494-4644
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
See what's bakin' here by checking out the daily flavor calendar for Yummy Cupcakes' Bloomfield Hills calendar. Find classic flavors, or try something off-the-wall like buttered popcorn, pancakes 'n bacon or apple blue cheese. They sell vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free cupcakes, too.
- Address: 3711 Plaza Drive, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-761-2095
- Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Sunday
From breads, pastries and Hungarian treats to cookies and custom cakes, you'll find just what you need to satisfy your confection craving at Zingerman's.