Banana Nut Bread
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough and America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook|
Break out the bananas and treat your family to this healthy treat packed with fiber and potassium. Read more in the MetroParent.com Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes|
|Cook Time:||45-55 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||2 mini loaves|
|Ingredients:||2 cups flour (I use 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup all-purpose)
3/4 sugar (I use 1/4 cup brown, 1/2 cup white)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 ripe bananas
6 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1/4 plain yogurt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed (optional)
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat each pan with baking spray.
3. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
4. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a spoon and then use the blender to puree them. Add the melted butter, eggs and yogurt and blend again.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Add in the walnuts.
6. Gently mix until just moistened.
7. Add the batter into the two pans.
8. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.