|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Perfect for a quick morning breakfast or easy after school snack, make a batch of these for your kids and family. Read more about blueberry muffins in the MetroParent.com Crumbs blog!
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15-20 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||12 muffins|
|Ingredients:||2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter
2/3 cup milk + 2 Tbsp.
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
|Directions:||1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a food processor. Add the butter, cut up, and process until it has the texture of cornmeal (alternatively, you can cut the butter in with a pastry cutter). Pour into a large mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together the milk, egg and vanilla.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until fully incorporated. The batter will be thick.
5. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter, being careful that they don't break apart.
6. Add batter in spoonfuls into 12 muffin cups lined with paper or baking spray. (I like big blueberry muffins, so I usually only have 10.)
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just browned.