Canine Cookies Dog Treats
|Source:||Lisa Bardy, Bow Wow Bake Shoppe, Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan|
|URL - Link:||www.bowwowbakeshoppe.com|
Learn how make a yummy little summer treat for your family dog. Be sure to watch the MetroParent.com DIY dog treat recipe video to see how it's done!
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||30-50 minutes|
2 cups whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tsp. molasses
Few dashes ground cloves
Couple dashes cinnamon
Candy decorating bag
|Directions:||1. Mix all ingredients to form dough.
2. Roll out dough to approximately a 1/2" thickness.
3. Use a variety of cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F. Go about 30 minutes for less-crunch cookies; up to 45 to 50 minutes for crunchier cookies (depending on your pooch's taste).
5. Let cookies cool.
6. Using a microwave-safe candy decorating bag, melt yogurt chips to desired consistency for decorating (Bardy uses defrost mode and kneads it in the bag in increments).
7. Clip the tip off the end of the bag and decorate away – drops, stripes, squiggly lines – use your imagination!