Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
|Source:||Eli and Max Sussman|
|URL - Link:||www.freshmaninthekitchen.com|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||45 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
|Ingredients:||2 lb. thinly sliced Idaho potatoes
1 medium onion, diced to 1/4-inch
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup warm milk
salt and pepper
|Directions:||1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and place oven rack in top section of the oven.
2. Coat the sides of a 13-by-9 baking pan with the butter. You will have extra butter. Set it aside.
3. Toss potatoes, onions, garlic, flour, half the cheese and generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix very well so that everything is evenly distributed and you can’t see the flour anymore, then pour into buttered baking dish.
4. Break up the butter into small pieces with your hands and place them evenly spaced over the potatoes.
5. Pour milk over, then sprinkle remaining cheese on top of that.
6. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
7. Uncover and continue cooking until potatoes are soft and cheese is brown and bubbly, 20-30 minutes longer.