Chocolate Dump Cake
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Gooey chocolate, super tasty and so easy to make: Could a fun, kid delighting dessert get better than this? Read more about this family dessert in the Metro Parent Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||15 minutes + baking time|
|Number of Servings:||12-plus|
|Ingredients:||1 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (pecan or walnut)
2 cups mini-marshmallows
1 box chocolate cake mix
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9" by 13" baking pan.
3. Prepare the chocolate cake batter according to the package directions.
4. In a small saucepan, heat together the water and butter until the butter has completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. Add the brown sugar into the butter mixture.
6. Pour the sugar-butter mixture into the baking pan.
7. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients (except the cake batter) onto the bottom of the baking pan.
8. Now pour the cake batter over the sprinkled ingredients.
9. Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes.
10. Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 minutes, but not more then 30.
11. Place a serving dish or cookie pan over the top of the baking pan. Carefully flip the entire cake over.
12. Remove the baking pan. Serve warm, cold or at room temperature. *Note that the marshmallows melt into the cake.