Creme Brulee French Toast
|Source:||Chef Scott L. Grant, Betsie Bay Inn|
|URL - Link:||www.betsiebayinn.com|
Try this decadent recipe from the Betsie Bay Inn in Franfort, Michigan. Read more in MetroParent.com Crumbs blog.
|Number of Servings:||6 (or can be served in a casserole for brunch at home)|
1 lb. butter
3 cups brown sugar
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 dozen eggs
2 pints whipping cream
1 tsp. real vanilla essence (or imitation will work)
1. Melt butter in a saucepan (take care to do this slowly so butter does not brown)
2. Add brown sugar
3. Whisk together over low heart until sugar is completely dissolved
4. Add heavy whipping cream
5. Mix well
6. Set to the side
1. Whisk together ingredients until well mixed
2. Fill large mixing bowl with bite sized chumks of good quality bread (we use our homemade sourdough which had a orange zest added to it )
3. Pour egg mixture over the bread until the mixture is absorbed
1. Grease glass baking dish with butter (approximately 8" x 14") (we do single servings in a skillet).
2. Ladle carmel sauce into dish.
3. Fill dish with soaked bread chunks and the rest of the egg mixture.
4. Bake in over until golden (about 10-12 minutes).
5. Serve with whipped cream.