Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
The family will love this easy Thanksgiving dinner feast (it only takes about 25 minutes to prep!). Read more about the yummy Crockpot Turkey Breast recipe in the Metro Parent Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Cook Time:||7 hours|
|Ingredients:||3 1/2-7 pound boneless turkey breast
2 large onions
3 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons butter, divided into 4 pieces
2 cups chicken broth
Fresh or dried herbs
Salt and pepper
|Directions:||1. Wash and pat dry the turkey breast.
2. Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
3. Cut the onions and place them on the bottom of the slow cooker, along with the garlic cloves.
4. Place the turkey breast over the onions.
5. Tuck the butter between the meat and the skin.
6. Brush the turkey with olive oil then season generously with salt, pepper and either dried and/or fresh herbs. I like to use thyme, parsley, and paprika.
7. Pour the broth around the bird.
8. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until a meat thermometer registers the internal temperature as 170 degrees.
9. Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and let it rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
10. If you want a crisped crust, place the turkey breast in the oven set to "high" broil for 3-5 minutes.