|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Serve your family this hearty, any-time, egg-based classic the easy way: By skipping the crust! Read more about it in the Metro Parent Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||20-30 minutes|
|Cook Time:||35-45 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Pepper to taste
3/4 cup-1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup chopped ham, cooked sausage, bacon or cooked veggies like broccoli, mushrooms
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and flour using a hand mixer. Add the spices and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I like to use a combination of Parmesan and sharp cheddar).
3. Grease a 9" pie pan or small casserole dish.
4. Place your cooked meat and/or veggies on the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Add the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through and browned slightly on the top.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.