Egg & Sausage Breakfast Burritos
This on-the-go breakfast makes those crazy school mornings a bit more manageable.
|Ingredients:||Soft flour tortillas (try spinach for a colorful kick, or the flavor of your choice; get 9-inch or 12-inch diameter varieties, for extra space)
Eggs (about 2 per burrito)
Bulk turkey sausage (about 1/2 cup per burrito)
Shredded cheese of your choice(enough to sprinkle)
Green peppers, mushrooms or other veggies (optional)
Aluminum foil, cut into a square (optional)
|Directions:||1. Brown-up the bulk turkey sausage, and then crumble it into smaller pieces.
2. Scramble the eggs. If you have extra time, toss in some chopped green peppers or mushrooms for a dash of veggies.
3. Pop the tortilla(s) in the microwave until malleable (5-10 seconds)
4. Lay a tortilla flat and spoon-on the scrambled eggs, aiming for the center of the tortilla. Be mindful of your tortilla's size; you need to allow ample space for other fillings, and rolling.
5. Sprinkle the crumbled-up turkey sausage onto the eggs.
6. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
7. Roll the burrito up. First, fold-in the two opposite sides toward the center. Then, grab one of the unfolded corners, and pull it up and over the folded-in sides. Finally, give it a few extra rolls to lock it together.
8. For extra portability, wrap the finished burrito in an aluminum square, at a diagonal.