Green Chile Cheese Dip Appetizer
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Shake up your standard family salsa appetizer with this Crumbs blog green chile cheese dip recipe!
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||6-8 (as an appetizer)|
|Ingredients:||1 8-oz. block cream cheese (at room temperature)
7-oz. can diced green chiles (or two 4-oz. cans)
1 large slice of white onion (about 1 Tbsp. minced)
1 clove garlic
1 cup chicken, in small cubes (canned chicken works fine)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional, for extra spiciness)
Salt and pepper to taste
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Coat an 8 x 8" casserole dish with baking spray. (You can also use several small ramekins.)
3. In a food professor, pulse the onion and garlic until minced. Add the cream cheese and puree until smooth.
4. Sprinkle in salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, if using.
5. Toss in green chiles; pulse twice.
6. Mixing with a spoon, add 1 cup cheddar cheese and the chicken.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or more, until the top is golden brown.
9. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh or jarred jalapeno slices on top to make this dip extra spicy!
Serving suggestions: tortilla chips, bagel chips or Ritz crackers