|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Shake up your dinner table potato presentation with this delicious Swedish recipe for your family. Learn more tricks and tips in the Metro Parent Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||30 minutes + baking|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
|Ingredients:||4 medium-sized potatoes (I use Yukon Gold)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 clove garlic (or 1/2 tsp. powder)
1/2 tsp. paprika (optional)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Wash and peel the potatoes (or you can keep the skin on them).
4. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
5. Place one potato half between two ends of a wooden spoon (the flat end down). This will keep the potato in place while you make slits down the potato.
6. Start at the top of the potato and make thin slits from the top to bottom so that the potato pieces fan out. The wooden spoons should keep the knife from cutting all the way through the potato.
7. Repeat with the remaining seven potato pieces.
8. Add the breadcrumbs, cheese, butter, spices and garlic to a food processor and pulse until combined.
9. In a large plastic bag, place the oil and then the potatoes one at a time.
10. First coat the potatoes with the oil and then pinching the ends fan out the potato slivers and dip them into the breadcrumbs.
11. Repeat with the remaining potato pieces.
12. Place each potato on the baking dish. Sprinkle the potatoes with any remaining breadcrumbs before baking.
13. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.