|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Ready to really gross-out your family? This icky (yet yummy) meal is the perfect scary Halloween dinner. Read more about it in our Crumbs blog!
|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Cook Time:||25 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||Around 5-6|
|Ingredients:||Meatball or meatloaf fixings
Deli ham slices
|Directions:||1. Using your favorite meatball or meatloaf recipe, mix together the meat and spice combination. Try my meatloaf recipe from a previous Crumbs post; you can cut out the vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and add a teaspoon of dried oregano or basil to the meat mixture.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
4. Working with about 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons of meat, form the mixture into a teardrop shape.
5. Line up the meatballs in rows on the baking sheet.
6. Thinly slice the deli ham into "tails."
7. Press a "tail" into the back end of each meatball.
8. Add fingernail-sized piece of cut black olives next to the "nose" part of the meatball. Press into place. Repeat with all of the meatballs.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
10. Make the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions.
11. Brush warmed spaghetti sauce over each "mouse."
12. Serve two or three mice meatballs over the spaghetti noodles and top with additional sauce.