Mini Applesauce-Cranberry Pies
Pies are a savory, All American tradition. Get your kids in on the baking fun with pint-sized versions.
|Number of Servings:||4 pies|
|Ingredients:||6-inch pie tins with pre-made crust (Note: you can also use a mini cake, tart or cupcake pan; in this case, purchase pre-made crust to press into molds)
16 oz. jar applesauce
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries (try raisins for an alternative)
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup sliced apples (optional)
|Directions:||1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In one bowl, combine the applesauce, evaporated milk, allspice, cinnamon and eggs. Then stir in the cranberries, plus any of your optional ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
4. Add the flour-sugar mix into the applesauce mix, stirring well.
5. Pour the batter into the four pie plates (or divide among molds in pan).
6. Make the pies for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Watch carefully during the last 10 minutes.
7. Cool completely and enjoy.