|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Perfect for Mother's Day, this delicious little treat is a delight for the entire family. Read more in the MetroParent.com Crumbs blog.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (chocolate or regular)
5 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (less-fat versions are OK), at room temperature
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Orange zest (optional)
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until you have fine crumbs.
3. Add the melted butter into the crumb mixture. Mix to combine.
4. Lightly grease eight six-ounce ramekins (or you can use muffin papers).
5. Divide the crust into the 8-10 containers and firmly press the crust into the bottom and a little bit up the sides.
6. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
7. For the filling, mix the cheese on high until creamy. Add the sugar and then the eggs, making sure to combine.
8. Mix for 5 minutes straight to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.
9. Scoop the batter into the containers, making sure that they aren't overly full.
10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the batter barely giggles.
11. Cool and then refrigerate over night.
12. Serve topped with whipped cream, fresh fruit, chocolate sauce or whatever else you have available.