Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
This yummy dessert is a simple family treat that's perfect for the cold weather. Read more about Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies in the Crumbs blog.
|Ingredients:||3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
2/3 cup Craisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)
|Directions:||1. In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
2. Add the eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (except the oatmeal, chips, Craisins and nuts).
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients in two batches. Blend just until moistened.
5. Stir the oatmeal, chips, nuts and Craisins into the batter.
6. Refrigerate the dough at least one hour or up to overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
8. Drop the dough in large spoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. Bake for around nine minutes or until slightly browned.
10. Let the cookies cool on the pan before removing.