|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook Time:||About 40 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||8-10|
|Ingredients:||6 Tbsp. flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup almonds
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
About 10 peaches
Blueberries or blackberries (optional)
|Directions:||1. Bring water to a boil in a large cooking pot. Place the peaches in a large mixing bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
2. Allow the peaches to sit in the hot water for about 3-5 minutes. Pour out the hot water and rinse the peaches with cold water.
3. Peel the skins off the peaches, remove the pits and then slice into 1/4" pieces. Place the pieces into a mixing bowl and toss with the cornstarch and cinnamon.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
5. In a food processor, place the flour, sugars and salt. Pulse twice. Add the butter in pieces and pulse until the mixture resembles crumbs.
6. Place the oatmeal and almonds into the butter mixture and pulse twice to four times (you don't want to pulverize the nuts and oatmeal; just break them up slightly).
7. Lightly grease a 9" casserole pan or Dutch oven (preferred). Place the peach slices into the pan and then add the butter mixture on top.
8. Cook for around 40 minutes or until browned. Cool slightly before serving; add vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream on top.