Quick Pesto Pasta
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Welcome spring with this light and delicious family dinner recipe. Read more in the MetroParent.com Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||25 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||6|
|Ingredients:||1 pound cooked pasta (penne works well)
2/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups fresh spinach
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
|Directions:||1. Bring the olive oil to a medium-high heat in a large saute pan (I use a wok).
2. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then toss in spinach.
3. Saute the spinach until just wilted. Add in the pesto sauce.
4. Push the spinach to the sides of the saute dish with a spatula and add the pasta.
5. Cook for about 1 minute and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Stir the dish briefly to heat through and serve topped with additional Parmesan.