|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Your family can make and enjoy this delicious recipe fresh from the BBQ – and inspired by the Burger King original. Read more in MetroParent.com Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||15 minutes + baking and grilling time|
|Number of Servings:||4 big burgers, 6 thinner ones|
|Ingredients:||1 bag onion rings
1 1/2 lb. ground round
4-6 American cheese deli slices
|Directions:||1. Divide meat into four, five or six patties. Season generously with garlic, onion powder, pepper and salt, and top each with one slice of cheese.
2. Preheat your grill.
3. Cook the onion rings according to the package directions.
4. Place the hamburger patties over direct heat on the grill – do not press with a spatula, since this removes the juices (i.e. dry burger!).
5. Cook the burger on each side for 3-4 minutes.
6. Cut the buns and briefly toast them on the grill.
7. Construct your burger: bottom half, hamburger patty, cheese, onion rings, barbecue sauce, bun top.