Tangy Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken Breasts
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Introduce your kids to bone-in chicken breasts with this delicious recipe for tangy lemon garlic chicken breasts in the Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
|Cook Time:||About 20 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
|Ingredients:||4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (the juice of about 1 lemon)
3 cloves garlic (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1 tsp. dried basil or Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
|Directions:||1. In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients except the chicken. Stir.
2. Add the chicken to a large, heavy-duty plastic bag and then pour in the marinade ingredients.
3. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a nonstick skillet and bring to medium-high temperature. 5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it in the hot pan, skin side down. Heat for about three minutes or until the skin is browned.
6. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
7. Cook for about 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer measures the chicken at 155 degrees F. (The chicken meat should reach 160 after it's out of the oven.)
8. Allow the chicken to sit for five minutes before serving.