The Turkey Bacon Club
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Build a better sandwich for your kid's lunchbox (or a family dinner!) with this recipe that ensures your creation sticks together. Read more about it in the MetroParent.com Crumbs Blog.
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
|Ingredients:||1 loaf of sandwich bread (white, wheat or some of both)
1 lb. deli-sliced turkey breast
1 lb. bacon
Hot sauce (optional)
|Directions:||1. Cook the bacon according to the package directions (alternatively, you can use deli ham or precooked bacon).
2. Toast three slices of bread for each person.
3. Cut the tomatoes into slices.
4. Shred the lettuce into long strips.
5. Put out a plate to construct each sandwich.
6. Slather two pieces of bread with mayo (if you want, add a few drops of hot sauce). On the first piece, place one slice of turkey.
7. Put the second piece of bread with mayo on top of the meat. Add lettuce, then tomato, then a strip or two of bacon and another piece of turkey on this layer.
8. Top with the third piece of bread (the one without mayo).
9. Push the top piece of bread down with your hand and then cut the sandwich in two parts.
10. If you have decorative toothpicks, insert now!