Whipped Mashed Potatoes
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
Whip up this family side dish with an easy recipe that promises you a creamy, delicious Thanksgiving classic! Read more about whipped mashed potatoes in the Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||30 minutes|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
|Ingredients:||5-8 medium potatoes
2 Tbsp. butter, cut into four pieces
1/4-1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
|Directions:||1. Peel and dice the potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
2. Bring a large cooking pot filled with water to a boil. Add a 1/2 teaspoon salt to the water.
3. Carefully place the potatoes into the boiling water and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Drain the potatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl; place the butter on top immediately.
5. Using a handheld mixer, start on the lowest setting, mixing the butter into the potatoes for 2 minutes.
6. Add half of the milk and mix on medium high. Add more milk until you reach your desired consistency.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: This recipe can be doubled – or tripled!