World's Best Brownies
|URL - Link:||www.bakewithzing.com|
This recipe is similar to the Magic Brownies made at Ann Arbor's famous Zingerman's Bakehouse.
|Number of Servings:||16 brownies|
|Ingredients:||9 oz. chocolate, chopped up a bit
3/4 cup butter
1 cup, plus 2 Tbsp., all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
4 eggs (large)
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups walnut pieces (optional)
|Directions:||1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. With your fingers, rub butter all over the inside of an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan. Dust that butter layer with a bit of flour.
3. In a saucepan, melt together the chocolate and butter over low heat or in a bowl in the microwave. Stir a couple times as it melts. When all the chocolate and butter are melted, set aside for the next step.
4. In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt and stir with a whisk to combine. Set this bowl aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until well-combined.
6. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture in three batches, beating until blended after each addition.
7. Stir in the flour and salt mixture, and mix using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix-ins (like nuts or chocolate chunks) can be stirred into the batter at this point.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan; carefully spread to corners of the pan in an even layer.
9. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center is nearly clean.
10. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack. Cut into 16 squares.