Zesty Chicken Burrito
|Source:||Kristen J. Gough|
This quick and easy family dinner to-go cooks up in no time in your Crock-Pot or slow cooker. It's a great pick for busy parents and kids! Read more in the MetroParent.com Crumbs blog.
|Prep Time:||5 minutes (or less!)|
|Number of Servings:||4-6|
|Ingredients:||2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
1 onion, chopped coarsely
1 clove garlic (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
1 can pinto beans
About 1 cup cheese (mozzarella or Monterrey Jack)
About 1 cup salsa
4-6 large flour tortillas
|Directions:||1. Place the chicken in the slow cooker along with the onion, garlic (you don't even need to remove the skin; just chop it in half), chili powder and 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth.
2. Cook the chicken on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Once the chicken is tender, remove from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste (and more chili powder, if desired).
5. Drain the pinto beans.
6. In the center of the tortilla place about 1/4 cup chicken along with a couple tablespoons of beans, a handful of cheese and a tablespoon or two of salsa.
7. Bring two opposite sides of the tortilla together.
8. Beginning on the non-folded side, roll the tortilla.
9. Heat for 35-45 seconds in the microwave. Wrap in aluminum foil.