July Fairs & Festivals in Southeast Michigan
Want family outdoor fun in metro Detroit and beyond in July 2012? See these summer events in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
(page 1 of 4)
Summer is sizzling in southeast Michigan. What better way for you and the kids to capitalize on your staycation than by hitting a few July festivals? From an abundance of art to Celtic culture and even Elvis, there are oodles of activities to keep both parents and children entertained (and many are free!). Did you know the Oakland County Fair is now a whopping10 days longs? And have you been to the Maker Faire in Dearborn? Discover something new – or visit your local fest – with the Metro Parent guide.
July 3-7, 2012
- Where: Alumni Memorial Field, Vernon and Wolverine streets, Manchester
- Times: Vary by day, Tuesday-Saturday
- Cost: $5/daily admission, $16/all-day ride wristband
The rollicking rural-farm fun includes a parade (3 p.m. Wednesday), livestock and animal displays, arts and crafts, a midway and kids' pedal pull on Saturday, all part of year 68 of the festivities.
July 6-7, 2012
- Where: Seymour Lake Township Park, 2795 Seymour Lake Road, Oxford
- Times: 11 a.m.-11 p.m., Friday-Saturday
- Cost: Free
Seymour Lake Township Park is set up for two days of family entertainment including a carnival and two nights of fireworks. Make a splash at the KLR Splash Pad, too.
July 6-8, 2012
- Where: American Polish Century Club, 33204 Banquet Center, Sterling Heights
- Times: 4 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free
Visit for the craft shows, polka music and dancing, Polish and American food, pierogi-eating contests, crafts, inflatables for the kids.
July 6-15, 2012
- Where: Oakland County Fairgrounds, Springfield Oaks County Park, 12451 Andersonville Road, Davisburg
- Times: Vary by day, Friday-Sunday (of the following week; 10 days total)
- Cost: Free/general, $10-$12/carnival, $4-$8/grandstand events, $10/parking
At this newly expanded event, check out live animal births at the Miracle of Birth exhibit – plus horse shows, a circus, carnival, demolition derbies and contests from jumping to skillet throwing. Don't miss the July 15 Family Day (Sunday).
July 11, 2012
- Where: Belle Isle Athletic Field, Detroit
- Time: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Wednesday
- Cost: Free
Celebrating its 30th year, Belle Isle is hosting a free day of games, entertainment, sports clinics, contests, races and more, all geared at kids ages 8-15.