Best Disc Golf Courses in Southeast Michigan
This 'Frisbee' spin on golf is a cool hybrid sport for families – and there are eight cool courses in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties, for pros to beginners
(page 2 of 2)
- Address: 2240 W. Buno Road, Milford (course located at Martindale Beach)
- Phone: 248-685-1561
- Hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m., daily
- Admission: $4/vehicle for daily entry, $2/person to play
Thrill-seeking disc golfers: Brace yourself for one of Michigan's most challenging DG courses – the Toboggan! It is, however, a temporary course (usually around during tournament times; call the park office to confirm), but in the meantime, try your hand at one of the other two courses open for play: Main and the Black Locust (a great course for all you left handers!). While playing, also be sure to check out the Black Locust trees (after which the course was named) alongside the beach.
- Address: 13 Mile Road, one block east of Crooks Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-246-3300
- Hours: 6 a.m.-9 p.m. daily (course closed during train rides; see below)
- Admission: Free
This Oakland County park is a must-visit for all families – disc golfers or not! With a variety of fairways winding through the scenic woods, and the free miniature train rides for kids (noon-4 p.m. on the first weekend of every month, May-October), plus play structures and picnic areas, what better way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon?
- Address: 4300 Main Park Drive, Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-781-4242
- Hours: 6 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
- Admission: $5/vehicle for daily entry, $2/person to play
This 27-hole course brings players and their plastic fliers through nature's best wetlands, prairies, woods and thickets in a challenging round of disc golf. The incredible scenery and wildlife, along with the hospitable park staff, are just a few of Macomb County gem's many features. The Gladview Picnic Area is ideal for bird watching and lunch breaks, and the playgrounds are perfect for younger spectators.
- Address: 2500 Lakeshore Blvd., Ypsilanti
- Phone: 734-883-4408
- Hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
- Admission: Free
All skill levels are welcome to cruise through this former ball-golf course. Need to pick up some equipment first? Maybe you're just looking for a friendly face to answer any game questions? Whatever your DG needs, be sure to visit the experts at the Throw Shop, Michigan's largest disc golf pro shop, located at Hole 1 – then gear up for 28 holes of fun fairways that are easy to navigate for optimal smooth play.