Father's Day Events in Southeast Michigan
Celebrate dad and everything he loves on Father's Day weekend 2012 with these family friendly events in the metro Detroit and Ann Arbor areas
(page 1 of 2)
On June 17 this year, travel to Germany, the Middle East or explore outer space, take a ride through nature, play a round of golf or browse a car show – we've got all the events dad will love right here, in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties! So hop in a plane, wagon or good ol' fashioned auto and tell pops how awesome he is with these fun festivals, exhibits and events honoring fathers everywhere.
Friday, June 15, 2012
- Address: 220 E. Ann St., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-995-5439
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: $10 ages 2 and up
For dads who are out-of-this-world awesome, check out this interactive museum's unique space exhibit – ViewSpace NASA (updated live daily from the Space Telescope Science Institute!). Some other exhibits for inquiring minds include: "Engineers on a Roll," "WhirlyDoodle Project" and "Block Party."
- Address: Heritage Park, 1010 S. Canton Center Road, Canton
- Phone: 734-394-5360
- Schedule: 1 p.m.-11 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, June 15-16, 2012
- Cost: Free admission/parking
Check out live music from Beatles Tribute band Shout!, Canton Kiwanis Club's famous "Chicken and the (Fire)Works Dinner" and, of course, a fabulous fireworks display! Plus Friday night is Kids' Night – activities, movies under the stars and more.
- Address: Downtown Belleville
- Phone: 313-383-8920
- Schedule: 4-9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, June 15-17, 2012
- Cost: Free
More than 1,500 pounds of berries are waiting for you at this traditional Dad's Day weekend festival. Celebrate with stage entertainment, arts and crafts, and everything else berry! Plus, don't miss Sunday's car show and midway on Main Street.
- Address: Warren Avenue between Schaefer Road and Wyoming Avenue, Dearborn
- Phone: 313-945-1700
- Schedule: 4-10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, June 15-17, 2012
- Cost: Free
The kids' interactive tent is a fave at this fest, but that's not all: Don't miss out on carnival rides, a variety of cultural entertainment and vendors, and more than 30 international food booths.
- Address: Jefferson East Neighborhood, Detroit
- Phone: 313-331-7939
- Schedule: 4-11 p.m. Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday, June 15-16, 2012
- Cost: Free
Tell dad how snazzy and jazzy his is with a visit to this fun-filled musical festival. He'll hear his favorite jazz jams and tunes, and the circus performers will tickle everyone's fancies.