Father's Day Month Events in Southeast Michigan
Celebrate dad with the kids and family at these fun 2014 festivals and activities happening in Macomb, Oakland, Wayne and Washtenaw counties
(page 1 of 5)
June marks the month when we celebrate dad – and southeast Michigan knows how to do it right. Father's Day is June 15, but throughout the month, families can find all sorts of fun events and activities to enjoy with pops. Stop by a festival or two, enjoy brunch, marvel at antique cars and cool airplanes or spend time fishing. It's up to you how you tell dad just how much you appreciate him. With so many options, it'd be hard to go wrong!
May 30-June 1, 2014
- Address: Raceway at Belle Isle Park, Detroit
- Phone: 866-464-7749
- Times: 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday (Comerica Bank Free Prix Day), 7:15 a.m.-7:45 p.m. Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/Friday only; $35/adults one weekend day, $65/adults Saturday-Sunday; free/12 and under with adult, $10/parking, free/shuttle, other prices/vary
Take dad to this annual racing event in Detroit for an early Father's Day celebration. There's much more than just car races: You'll get music and extreme sports demos – plus kids hang out at the kids' fun-zone.
June 4-8, 2014
- Address: Canfield Center, 1801 N. Beech Daly Road, Dearborn Heights
- Phone: 313-791-3600
- Times: 4-11 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, 3 p.m.-midnight Friday, 1-11 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Cost: Free/admission, fees/rides
Gear up for tons of family fun at this local festival. This Wayne County spot will feature carnival rides, live music and much more. See for yourself!
June 5-June 26, 2014
- Address: Chelsea District Library, 221 S. Main St., Chelsea
- Phone: 734-475-8732
- Times: 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays
- Cost: Free
Some good standup comedy will have everybody laughing. Bring a blanket, spread it out on the lawn and relax with the family with some jokes.
June 5-8, 2014
- Address: Bryant Park, 18000 Merriman Road, Livonia
- Phone: 734-442-0010
- Times: 4-10 p.m. Thursday, 4-11 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m.-midnight Saturday, 12:30-10 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free
Dad will have a blast at this sixth annual fest. Find face paining, music, rides, multicultural food booths and much more for your family to experience.
June 5-8, 2014
- Address: Bell Creek Park, Inkster and Five Mile roads, Redford
- Phone: 313-387-2650
- Times: 6-10 p.m. Thursday, 6-11 p.m. Friday, noon-11 p.m. Saturday, noon-9 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/events, fees/rides
A festival and fireworks? You'll find it in Redford during this weekend. Participate in the cornhole tournament Thursday, try the midway rides and games all weekend, and don't forget about the fireworks show at dusk on Saturday.
June 6-8, 2014
- Address: Hudson Mills Metropark, 8801 N. Territorial Road, Dexter
- Phone: 734-426-8211
- Times: 9 a.m.-dusk Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: Free/general, $7/park vehicle entry
If dad is into antiques, engines and tractors, this event is right up his alley. The 23rd annual promises fun for the kids, too, like a kiddy train and tractor pulls.