Fourth of July Events in Southeast Michigan
Fireworks, parades and more are in store for Independence Day! Celebrate the holiday at these 2012 festivals in metro Detroit, Ann Arbor and beyond.
(page 4 of 5)
- Address: Westland City Hall Grounds, 36601 Ford Road, Westland
- Time: 4 p.m.-midnight Friday, noon-midnight June 30-July 1, 4 p.m.-midnight July 2-3, noon-midnight July 4
- Cost: Free, some events and activities may charge
Five days of fun include rides, arts and crafts, food, exotic animals and more; the fireworks topper is July 4.
Wolverine Lake Tiki Night and Fireworks
- Address: Wolverine Lake, Walled Lake
- Time: Dusk
- Cost: Free
Fundraising for this fireworks show is necessary and continues. Donations are happily accepted and added to the Village Fireworks fund.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
- Address: Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford, 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Time: 6-10 p.m.
- Cost: Advance: $19-$22.50/adults, $12-14/ages 5-12; Gate: $25-$27 and $15-$17.50, free/under 4; $5/parking
This four-day celebration includes kids activities like 19th century lawn games and special visits from members of Greenfield Village's historic baseball teams. Patrons can also enjoy picnics and great food from the Henry Ford's award-winning chefs. The night ends with fireworks accompanied by Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture and live cannon fire.
- Address: Parade starts at Clawson Shopping Center at 14 Mile and Crooks roads; other festivities at Clawson City Park, near West Elmwood and North Washington avenues, Clawson
- Time: 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.-10:30 p.m./activities; fireworks at dusk
- Cost: Free/parade, $2/person to enter park
This small town does Independence Day in a big way, kicking it off with a 9 a.m. parade. That's followed by amusement rides, a craft fair and food concessions at the park (these events run about 10 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; the craft fair winds down by 5 or 6 p.m.). Then, catch the fireworks at dusk! (Note: Check out the other Clawson Fourth of July festivities during the week, too.)
Harrison Township Fireworks
- Address: Belle Maer Harbor / Mac Ray Harbor, Harrison Township
- Time: Dusk (rain date is Thursday, July 5)
- Cost: Free
Earlier today, come on out for the Decorated Golf Cart Parade; then, the nighttime fireworks display, now in its 26th year, promises "more colorful firepower and loud booms." (Be sure to check the annual Belle Maer Cardboard Boat Regatta the week before, too; it's set for Saturday, June 30.)
- Address: Clintonwood Park, 6000 Clarkston Road, Clarkston
- Times: 10 a.m. till about 10:45 p.m.
- Cost: $5/earlier; $10/after 6 p.m. Shuttle from CHS is $2/person
The day kicks off with a 10 a.m. parade at St. Daniel Catholic Church (at Miller and Holcomb roads). Then, the fest begins at 11 a.m. with a craft show, kids' games, live music, food and veterans' celebration. A K-9 toss and fetch competition is scheduled for 1 p.m. Radio Disney will be there at 8 p.m. Fireworks commence at 10:15 p.m.
Gibraltar July Fourth Festival
- Address: Parade goes from Bayview Drive to the community center at 29340 S. Gibraltar Road; other activities at Hy Dahlka Park (behind community center) and in the center; Gibraltar
- Time: Parade at 10 a.m. starting at city hall; fireworks at 10:02 p.m. (rain date is Thursday, July 5)
- Cost: Free
Activities during the day at the community center parks and grounds include rides, beer tents, arts and crafts, entertainment, bingo and more.