Metro Parent Education Expo 2012
Families find the best southeast Michigan schools, enrichment and extracurricular activities – plus free fun for the kids! – at the Detroit Institute of Arts Sept. 30, 2012
Are you ready to get schooled on the best educational opportunities in southeast Michigan? Then don't miss out on Metro Parent's annual Education Expo!
We're heading back to the Detroit Institute of Arts on Sunday, Sept. 30. From 10 a.m. till 3 p.m., parents and kids can dive into a wealth of educational opportunities throughout Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. Not to mention, attendees also can stick around and explore the DIA's incredible galleries – all totally FREE of charge!
From metro Detroit to the greater Ann Arbor areas and beyond, harness some of the best resources for children from preschool to high school and beyond.
At Metro Parent's 17th annual Education Expo, you'll:
- Discover the best area schools
- Find amazing enrichment, tutoring and extracurricular programs
- Tap into offerings from local arts and health institutions
- Learn about what child advocacy and empowerment organizations have to offer
- Injury Prevention experts from Children’s Hospital of Michigan will be on hand to talk to families and give tips on health and safety.
- Test your investigative skills and hunt for clues for great prizes.
- Kids of all ages can imagine, design and build with LEGO® bricks and robotics at The Robot Garage activity area.
- Drop-in art workshops courtesy of the Sandbox Party.
- Connect with financial planners to make your goals a reality
- And much more
And, as always: Bring the kids along! There will be a variety of family fun activities occurring throughout the DIA.
We'll be posting more information about specific vendors, activities and fun opportunities at the 2012 Education Expo as the event draws nearer. Please check back on this page for updates and details!