Metro Parent Education Expo 2013
Visit the Michigan Science Center in Detroit on Sept. 29 to find the best local schools, enrichment and extracurricular activities – plus free fun for children!
School: It's one of the biggest, most important choices you'll make for your child. And on Sunday, Sept. 29, 2013, Metro Parent gives southeast Michigan families the opportunity to discover some of the best around – from local options to boarding schools, plus plenty of enrichment activities, tutoring services, cultural institutions and even offerings from children's advocacy groups.
Metro Parent's 18th annual Education Expo has moved to an exciting new venue: the Michigan Science Center in Detroit. Happening from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., this event features representatives from educational resources in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties – and beyond.
Bring your kids! They can check out their options firsthand too – not to mention, admission is FREE. That means, after you've browsed the expo, you can also explore the Michigan Science Center's three floors of engaging, hair-raising and fun exhibits, without paying any admission fees at all.
Beyond all the interesting exhibits, we're providing some cool free activities. Here's a taste:
- Think College! Gallery: Ponder possible colleges and create your graduation cap with the Michigan Education Savings Plan.
- Search for Clues: Complete the Education Expedition and Solve the Riddle activities for a chance to win prizes like a Michigan Science Center family membership, local event tickets and more.
- Ask the Experts: Get insight into Michigan's college-prep high schools and 10 U.S. boarding schools at a Q&A session with The Yes Foundation.
- Make a Robot: Imagine, design and build a robot with LEGO bricks and robotics with The Robot Garage.
- Try Your Luck: Hunt the center for life-size cutouts of characters from popular kids' shows and attractions for a shot at winning tickets to popular family touring shows, like Disney Live!, Monster Jam and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey (winners will be notified the week after the expo)
- Experiment with Kaboomistry: Kids can observe and identify chemical and physical changes and with Charles of the Michigan Science Center.
- Animal Fun: Create origami creatures out of paper – and then, meet some real-life birds of prey and reptiles.
Don't miss this chance to check out everything education, from preschool to high school, and from metro Detroit to the greater Ann Arbor areas and much more. We look forward to seeing you there!
Pre-Registration has ended, but don't let that stop you from coming! We will be taking walk-in registrations at the door. We look forward to seeing you Sunday at Metro Parent's Education Expo!