Grad Party Catering Places in Southeast Michigan
From intimate get-togethers to extravagant graduation celebrations, one of these caterers in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties will help ease your party-planning blues
(page 1 of 2)
Planning a graduation party can sometimes be more challenging than getting your kid to the point of graduation. Between finding the food, the venue, the decorations and getting out those invitations, pre-party life can get pretty stressful. Which is why we here at Metro Parent put together a list of 20 catering spots in southeast Michigan that can help keep you out of the kitchen and with your grad on their big day.
- Address: 27167 Greenfield Road, Southfield
- Phone: 248-559-8222
- Costs: deli selections: $4.75-plus/person; entrees: $3.95-plus/person; sides: $1.75-plus/person
Alia's specializes in traditional American and Mediterranean food. Choose from a variety of buffet-style menus or build your own. Prices are modest and start around $5 per person per entrée.
- Locations in Clarkston, Clawson, Clinton Township, Detroit, Grosse Pointe Woods, Hamtramck, Lincoln Park, Livonia, Macomb Township, New Baltimore, Riverview, Rochester, Royal Oak (2 locations), Southfield, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Warren (2 locations) and Westland
- Costs: party of 25: $115.45; party of 50: $230.90; party for 75: $346.35; party for 100: $461.80
Looking for some soul food for your shindig? For more than 50 years, Chicken Shack has built up a national franchise known for great chicken. Choose from shack original or premium grilled chicken – voted the best by Detroit News readers, ribs and sides to create the menu best for your needs, or choose from one of the party packs.
- Address: Located inside the St. Aiden Activity Center, 17500 Farmington Road, Livonia
- Phone: 586-596-7002
- Costs: luncheon buffet: $11.95/person; dinner buffest: $19.95/person
Classic Catering offers to customize the service and menu to fit your party and expectations. Buffet-style catering cuts the need to order (and pay for) individual plates for each guest, and the catering company offers to deliver, for $25 extra, and set up your food before the event ($25 extra per hour). An optional buffet attendant, (add $25 per hour), can watch over the buffet so you can worry about having fun with your grad.
- Address: 46915 Hayes Road, Shelby Township
- Phone: 586-247-3800
- Costs: the "Graduate" BBQ package: $8.95/person; the "Top of the Class" BBQ package: $12.95/person; the Valedictorian package: $17.95/person
Planning a party can be hard. Take away some of the stress by hooking up with the largest off-site catering company in the country. Whether your grad is planning a picnic in the park or a black tie affair, one of Crank's professional party planners can you help prepare – and not just with the food. Their planners can also help with tent, table, chair, moonwalks and DJ rentals.
- Address: 22740 Woodward Ave., Ferndale
- Phone: 248-591-3466
- Costs: $80/taco bar (10-person minimum), $140/Dino's Threesome (10-person minimum), $160/Backyard BBQ (ten person minimum), $55/Penne Primavera (10-person minimum)
Planning an outdoor extravaganza for your grad, but looking for more than chicken and burgers? Dino's in Ferndale may have what you're looking for. Of course they have the standard baked beans, burgers and chicken, but also offer kabobs, shrimp and Penne Primavera, among others, as part of their catering menu.
- Address: 115 E. Main St., Northville
- Phone: 248-344-1550
- Costs: $28-plus/small appetizer platters, $40-plus/medium appetizer platters, $52-plus/large appetizer platters; Note: small platters serve 10-12 people, medium serves 15-18 and large serves 20-24.
Whether you want a hand in every aspect of your catering experience or want to sit back and let the work be done for you, Edwards Cafe and Catering has you covered. Edwards offers two options to get your catering done. The do-it-yourself option allows you to just fill in the menu – or simply provides you food – while the staff-does-it-for-you option allows you to kick off your shoes and enjoy the event. Edwards will do as little or as much as you want them to do. Food delivery and pick-up, buffet staff, bartenders and even on-site chefs are all options when you cater with Edwards.
- Address: 33610 Seven Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 248-476-3080
- Costs: sandwiches: $8.95/person; salads: $8.95/person; soup: $2.50/person
As the name may suggest, Elite Catering is great at what they do. Chef Craig Brown started catering events while he was still in culinary school at Schoolcraft College in Livonia. Menus from Elite can be customized to fit your specific needs and a full-service catering staff can be hired to keep your hands free on the big day. Menu items range from simple sandwiches and salad to hors d'oeuvres and hot specialty bars.