Southeast Michigan Farmers Market and Community-Supported Agriculture Guide
Looking for local fruits and veggies? Metro Parent's 2013 list covers farm fresh produce from farms to CSAs, from Detroit to Ann Arbor and beyond
(page 4 of 7)
Homemade and local are the rule at this independent market. Be sure to check out their special events running throughout the season. This market, located near the waterfront park, accepts Bridge Card and SNAP, and participates in the Double Up Food Bucks program. There's also free Yoga in the Park noon-1 p.m. July-September.
- Address: Recreation Center, 50976 Washington St. between Main and Front streets, New Baltimore
- Schedule: Sundays, July 14-Oct. 13, 2013
- Phone: 586-557-4841
Looking for 125-plus Michigan-grown/made products? Gallop on over to this Thursday market! You'll find all varieties of flowers, herbs, berries, produce, honey, homemade pasta, jellies and jams – heck, even dog food. Plus, find "Chefs at the Market" 9-10 a.m. every third Thursday.
- Address: Northville Downs parking lot, corner of Seven Mile and Sheldon roads, downtown Northville
- Schedule: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursdays, May 2-Oct. 31, 2013
- Phone: 248-349-7640
Now in its eighth season, this farmers' market, run by the Grandmont Rosedale Development Corporation, offers fruits, veggies, meats, eggs, baked goods, teas, spices and more. Note: This market is closed on July 4.
- Address: Bushnell Congregational Church, 15000 Southfield Road, Detroit
- Schedule: 4-8 p.m. Thursdays, June 6-Oct. 10, 2013
- Phone: 313-387-4732, ext. 103
Don't miss this opportunity to spend time with family shopping in the open-air market for fresh, local produce.
- Address: Fuerst Park, corner of Ten Mile and Taft Road, next to the Novi Public Library, Novi
- Schedule: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays, June 18-Aug. 27, 2013; 3:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 3-24, 2013
- Phone: 248-347-0456
This year-round hidden treasure lets county residents shop right in their own backyard – as it has all the way since the early 1920s. Farmers from eight to 10 nearby counties personally bring their produce, fruit and flowers directly to the public. Don't miss the nearby flea market for bargains aplenty.
- Address: 2350 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford
- Schedule: 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, May-December 2013; 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Saturdays, January-April 2014
- Phone: 248-858-5495
This year, the market welcomes vendors outside – plus more inside, all selling a great variety of plants, produce, baked goods and fantastic items by artisans. Keep an eye out for children's days, and be sure to grab a bite from the mobile Red Wood Grill.
- Address: 31505 Grand River Ave. at Orchard Lake Road, Farmington
- Schedule: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays, December-April
This year, the Village of Oxford is running the farmers' market, and it should be a real treat. Bring the family to pick out some ripe, delicious produce together.
- Address: West Burdick Street, behind The Northeast Oakland Historical Museum, Oxford
- Schedule: 2-7 p.m. Thursdays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, May 15-Oct. 15, 2013
- Phone: 248-628-2543
Fresh produce, vegetables, herbs, flowering plants, fresh and dried flowers, eggs, meats, poultry, baked goods, popcorn, cherry products, salsa and barbecue sauce – it's all here. Not to mention homemade and recycled items, holiday decor and more, set a short stroll from popular Kellogg Park.
- Address: The Gathering, next to the Penn Theater on Penniman Avenue, downtown Plymouth
- Schedule: 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays, May 4-Oct. 26, 2013 (closed July 12 for Art in the Park and Sept. 7 for the Plymouth Community Fall Festival)
- Phone: 734-453-1540
Looking for some fresh, locally grown foods to munch on? Head to the Marquee for this weekly farmers' market, where you'll find those things and more throughout the 2013 season.
- Address: Marquee of Redford, 15145 Beech Daly Road, Redford Township
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays, June 16-Oct. 13, 2013
- Phone: 313-387-2504