Detroit Museum Adventure Pass
The popular southeast Michigan cultural exploration program, offering awesome family discounts, is heading online May 25-Sept. 3, 2012
If you've ever picked up a Detroit Museum Adventure Pass from your local library, you know what a great deal it can be: usually a two-for-the-price-of-one admission to local cultural attractions.
Now, for its fifth year in 2012 – which kicks off May 25 and runs till Sept. 3 – MAP is shaking things up. Don't worry: Discounts are still available, just delivered on the web, instead, says Amy J. DeWys-VanHecke with the Cultural Alliance of Southeastern Michigan.
"The new system allows for a variety of offerings for people to visit and participate in," she says, "whether it's a symphony performance or a local play."
Rather than going to a library to pick up coupons, families can hop online and choose from about local institutions (maybe even more!). Some will still offer two-for-one rates; others will provide a percentage off.
Institutions cover a wide range of options in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties – and a bit beyond – here in southeast Michigan. Here's the initial list of participants:
- Anton Art Center in Mount Clemens
- Arab American National Museum in Dearborn
- The Art Experience in Pontiac
- Art & Scraps in Detroit
- Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center in Birmingham
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit
- Detroit Artists Market
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum in Detroit
- Edsel & Eleanor Ford House in Grosse Pointe Shores
- Grosse Pointe Historical Society
- Holocaust Memorial Center Zekelman Family Campus in Farmington Hills
- Howell Conference & Nature Center
- Huron Valley Council for the Arts in Highland
- Michigan Philharmonic in Plymouth
- Full Impact Theater in Oakland County
- Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD)
- Monroe County Historical Museum
- Pewabic Pottery in Detroit
- Purple Rose Theater in Chelsea
- Scarab Club in Detroit
- Shalom Street museum in West Bloomfield Township
- Tipping Point Theatre in Northville
- University of Michigan Museum of Art in Ann Arbor
The new discount pass should be around for a while, DeWys-VanHeck says, and possibly expanded for use all year long. Check out the Metro Parent listing to link to the website for the 2012 Detroit Museum Adventure Pass!