Music in the Park Events in Southeast Michigan
Free summer tunes abound! Round up the lawn chairs, blankets and kids and escape to great 2012 shows in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
(page 1 of 3)
Whether you're a country music fan, a jazz enthusiast or a Motown listener, summer nights in a park are the perfect setting for a concert. Relax, meet new people and, most of all, save money at these free summertime concerts happening in parks all over southeast Michigan (for some parks, a vehicle fee might apply; why not go early and enjoy an entire day?). So grab a lawn chair, a blanket and the entire family and enjoy the tunes!
- Time: 5:30-8:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 4-8 p.m. Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday
- Dates: Daily, May 26-Sept. 3
- Address: The Mall at Partridge Creek, 17420 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-226-0330
This concert series, now in its fifth year, features music from Sun Messengers, Boogie Dynomite, Parrots of the Caribbean, Square Pegz, and Big Will and the 360 Degree Band.
- Time: 8 p.m.
- Dates: Fridays, June 29-Aug. 3, 2012
- Address: Clinton Riverfront Park, across from city hall at 1 Crocker Blvd., Mount Clemens
- Phone: 586-469-4168
This series kicks off with performances by The Dick Wagner Band and The Jim Cummings Band, and continues throughout the summer with other funk, jazz, pop and rock acts.
- Time: 7-8:30 p.m.
- Dates: Thursdays, June 28 and July 12, 19 and 26, 2012
- Address: Macomb Town Center Park, 25 Mile Road (two miles east of Romeo Plank Road), Macomb Township
- Phone: 586-992-2900
These 90-minute shows are held rain or shine! Includes a cool KiDzOnE play area with fun, games and surprise guests. Music acts include both Jimmy Buffet and The Beatles tribute bands.
- Time: 7-9 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays, July 11-Aug. 15
- Address: Dearborn City Hall Park, 13615 Michigan Ave.
- Phone: 313-943-3141
Musical acts include Alexander Zonjic & Friends, Four80East Nu jazz movement featuring Marcus Anderson and more. Bring lawn chairs or blankets and stake out a good spot for great music in the park. Nearby restaurants will be selling food, too.
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays, July 18 and Aug. 1, 8 and 15, 2012
- Address: Shelby Township Municpal Grounds, 52700 Van Dyke Ave. (Aug. 8 "Kids' Day" event is at River Bends Park, south side of 22 Mile Road, just west of Shelby Road)
- Phone: 586-731-0300
Kids get treated to music and movies at this community event. Catch some funky tunes from the '70s-'90s, country music – and, of course, the can't miss Kids' Day on Aug. 8.
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Dates: Sundays, July 22 and 29, 2012
- Where: Warren City Square, 1 City Square
- Phone: 586-268-8400
This laid-back show is always a treat. Stay tuned to discover performances for this season.