Music in the Park Events in Southeast Michigan
Free summer concerts happen all over metro Detroit in 2013! Round up your kids, blankets, favorite snacks and head to shows in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
(page 2 of 3)
- Time: 7-9 p.m.
- Dates: Thursdays, May 30-Aug. 15, 2013 (Aug. 22 is a rain makeup date if needed)
- Address: Central Park, 151 N. Main St., Milford
- Phone: 248-684-9719
Dishing up lots of tunes at this local series, including jazz, pop, nostalgic rock 'n' roll, country and more. Check for current list.
- Time: noon-2 p.m.
- Dates: second Thursday of June, July, August and September, 2013
- Address: City Centre Plaza, Central Park Boulevard one block west of Evergreen between Civic Center Drive and 11 Mile Road, Southfield
- Phone: 248-796-4620
Enjoy your lunch and catch a concert, too! See The Straight Ahead Band, Harper and Midwest Kind, The Brothers Groove and The Dave Hamilton Band.
- Time: 7-9 p.m.; local talent performs at 6:30 p.m.
- Dates: Fridays, June 14-July 19, 2013
- Address: Depot Park, Depot Road, Clarkston
- Phone: 248-625-1559
Depot Park is boasts Friday night concerts, which feature music from Kari Lynch Band, Magic Bus, Big Daddy Lackowski & and La Dee Dahs and more.
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Dates: Friday June 14, and Wednesdays June 19 and 26, July 10, 17, 24 and 31 and Aug. 7 and 14, 2013
- Address: Shain Park, near city hall at 151 Martin St., Birmingham
- Phone: 248-530-1800
Enjoy a different musical genre every week, from country to Motown, at the Birmingham concert series that is in its 33rd year.
- Time: 7-8:30 p.m.
- Dates: Fridays, June 7-Aug. 23, 2013
- Address: Riverside Park, 3311 Squirrel Road, Auburn Hills
- Phone: 248-370-9353
Start your weekend off with live music every Friday night. Performances include The Pulse, Annabelle Road and The As Is Band.
- Time: 6:30-8 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesday nights in July and August, 2013
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717
- Cost: free with zoo admission: $6 on Wednesdays after 6 p.m. in July and August.
Come to the Detroit Zoo's Main Picnic Grove to listen to music from local bands. Genres include children's music, jazz, pop, folk and blues. Pack a picnic and come listen to good tunes.
- Time: 7-8 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays, July 10-Aug. 7, 2013
- Address: Marshbank Park, 2805 Hiller Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-451-1900
Cool down the night with the music of The Lash, The Bomb Squad, Persuasion Band and more.
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
- Address: Clawson City Park, near Park Street and North Washington Avenue
- Phone: 248-435-4500
Come out for a free night of music and ice cream, featuring the South Oakland Concert Band.
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Dates: Thursdays, June 20-Aug. 22, 2013; there is no concert July 4
- Address: Heritage Park in Farmington Hills, west side of Farmington Road between 10 and 11 Mile roads
- Phone: 248-473-1856
Let the music entertain you while you relax under the stars in Heritage Park.