Music in the Park Events in Southeast Michigan
The 2014 summer concerts are in full gear. Grab the kids, blankets, favorite snacks and head to shows in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
(page 2 of 3)
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Dates: Friday June 13; Wednesdays June 18, 25, July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Aug. 6, 13, 2014
- Address: Shain Park, near city hall at 151 Martin St., Birmingham
- Phone: 248-530-1650
Enjoy a different musical genre every week, from country to Motown, at the Birmingham concert series.
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Dates: Thursdays, June 19-Aug. 28, 2014 (no concert on July 3)
- Address: Heritage Park in Farmington Hills, west side of Farmington Road between 10 and 11 Mile roads (rain location is Costick Center, 28600 W. 11 Mile Road)
- Phone: 248-473-1856
Let the music entertain you while you relax under the stars in Heritage Park. Featuring a Tim McGraw tribute band (June 26), big band (July 31), '60s tunes (Aug. 21) and much more.
- Time: 7:30 p.m.
- Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- Address: Clawson City Park, near Park Street and North Washington Avenue
- Phone: 248-435-4500
Come out for a free night of music and ice cream, featuring the South Oakland Concert Band.
- Time: 6:30-8 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Aug. 6, 13, 20 and 27
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717
- Cost: free with zoo admission: $6/Wednesdays after 6 p.m. in July and August.
Come to the Detroit Zoo's Main Picnic Grove to listen to music from local bands. Kid-specific shows include Mr. Seley and the Troublemakers (July 16), The Verve Pipe (July 23), Candy Band (Aug. 20) and The Joe Reilly Band (Aug. 27). Pack a picnic and enjoy the show.
- Time: 7-8 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays, July 9-Aug. 6, 2014
- Address: Marshbank Park, 2805 Hiller Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-451-1900
Cool down the night with music from Legend the Band (July 16), Groove Council (July 23), the Persuasion Band (July 30) and more.
- Time: 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Dates: Thursdays, June 5-Aug. 14 (note: the Sounds & Sights Festival is July 24-26, extending the music offerings all weekend)
- Phone: 734-474-9178
Now in its 10th year, this community event packs 10 separate staged areas with lots of local talent. Offerings range from jazz, blues, Celtic rock and indie music to jugglers, clowns and 1800s-era baseball demonstrations. Stick around for PG-rated movies at dusk.
- Time: noon-1:30 p.m.
- Dates: Thursdays, June 5-Aug. 28, 2014 (no show on July 3)
- Address: Liberty Plaza, corner of East Liberty and South Division streets, downtown Ann Arbor
Each week a different area restaurant is on hand selling delicious eats while the concert takes place. Local, national and international talent performs.
- Time: 6:30-8 p.m.
- Dates: Fridays, June 13-Aug. 29, 2013 (except Aug. 8)
- Address: Monument Park Gazebo, 8030 Main St., Dexter
- Phone: 734-426-0887
Come out to hear the Dexter Community Orchestra (June 13), kid entertainers The Kerfuffles (July 4), rockabilly with Billy Mack (Aug. 15) and more, from smooth jazz to British invasion artists.
- Time: 8-9 p.m.
- Dates: Wednesdays, June 18-July 23, 2014
- Address: West Park Band Shell, near Chapin and West Huron streets, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-994-2780
Enjoy the music of the Ann Arbor Civic Band this summer at this popular park in Tree Town. Be sure to catch the July 9 Children's Concert, themed "The Magic of Disney."
- Time: 1 p.m.
- Dates: Sundays, June 22-Aug. 3 (no show on July 20)
- Address: Burns Park, adjacent to Ann Arbor Senior Center, 1320 Baldwin Ave. (rain location is inside the senior center)
- Phone: 734-794-6250
New in 2014, this Tree Town tune series features a variety of Michigan-based performers. Be sure to see kid-friendly Gemini kick off the series on June 22. The catch a variety of acts, from storytellers Mustard's Retreat (July 13) to Susan Harrison & the Palamazoo Puppet Band (July 27).
- Time: 7 p.m./concerts, 9 p.m./movies
- Dates: Thursdays, July 10-Aug. 14
- Address: Wilson Park, south of East Main Street and east of Wabash Street, Milan (rain location is Milan Senior Center, 45 Neckel St., Milan)
- Phone: 734-439-1549
Catch car shows, great music and movies this summer. Features Captain Ivory and Frozen July 10, Fiddlers ReStrung and The Nut Job July 17, Gemini and The Lego Movie July 24, Mille Polka Band and Despicable Me 2 July 31, Dan Kresterke Band and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Aug. 7 and Bill Bynum & Co. and a movie TBA Aug. 14. Events are free, though donations are welcome.