Santa Appearances in Southeast Michigan
Santa's sleigh is on the way! Take your kiddos to see St. Nick. These are the top places to catch him in 2014 in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
Santa Claus is coming to your town. He's a busy guy, but Kris Kringle always makes time to visit the children of southeast Michigan. Check out Metro Parent's roundup of the best places to catch Santa in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. You'll find him in several spots, including southeast Michigan malls and downtowns and at the many holiday parades and festivals in the region.
- 2014 Santa hours: 5-8 p.m. Nov. 6, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 7-8, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 9, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 10-13, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 14-15, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 16, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 17-20, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 21-22, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 23, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 24-26, closed Nov. 27, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 28-29, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 30, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 1-4, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 5-6, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 7, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 8-11, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 12-13, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 14, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Dec. 15-18, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 19-20, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 21, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 22-23, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24, closed Dec. 25 (Note: Santa generally takes a lunch and early-dinner break; check ahead for times)
- Address: 100 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-769-9610
There are plenty of opportunities to have a photo snapped with the jolly fellow. The kick-off for Santa's arrival is Thursday, Nov. 6 (6-8 p.m.). Kids can visit with Santa, Mrs. Claus and PAWS the Detroit Tigers Mascot. To support the #ChadToughFund (for pediatric brain tumor research), sign up for the Santa Breakfast at California Pizza Kitchen, which is 8-10 a.m. Dec. 13. For kids with sensitivities to flashes and music, there's a Caring Santa event 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 7. Your pet can get a photo with Santa 8-9 p.m. Dec. 7 and 14.
- 2014 Santa hours: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2-7 p.m. Nov. 29, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 30, 4-7 p.m. Dec. 5, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 6, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 7, 4-7 p.m. Dec. 12, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 13, noon.-5 p.m. Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec.15-23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 1800 Vernier Road, Harper Woods
- Phone: 313-371-1501
The kickoff features Mrs. Claus, the elves and live reindeer, who have been visiting Eastland for over 20 years – plus face painting, cookies, crafts and more. Then, Santa takes his post to hear those holiday wishes through Christmas Eve.
- 2014 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 6-Dec. 16; 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 30 and Dec. 7 and 14; 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 17-20; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 21, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 22-23, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 18900 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Phone: 800-992-9500
This Santa visit will be an experience to remember. Santa's Ice Palace at the Fairlane Town Center features a 30-foot ice dome with falling snow, a light show and displays.
- 2014 Santa hours: available after the play: 11:30 a.m. Saturdays Dec. 6, 13 and 20; 1 p.m. Sundays Dec. 7, 14, 21
- Address: 108 E. Main St., Northville
- Phone: 248-349-0522
- Cost: $14.95/kids, $17.95/adults
After you and the kids watch a holiday-themed play, Santa surprises the audience with an appearance. Children can meet with the ol' elf and get their pictures taken together. The theme for this year's performances is Frosted.
- 2014 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, Nov. 28, 2014-Jan. 4 2015 (Note: Busiest hours are Saturdays and Sundays; often, the line needs to be closed by 3 p.m. to accommodate all kids – be sure to plan accordingly! Also, Santa takes a break each afternoon; times vary. Finally, the museum hours are 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily)
- Address: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Phone: 313-982-6001
- Cost: $18/adults, $13.50/ages 5-12, free/under age 4; $5/vehicle parking
It's a chance to see a great museum and meet with Kris Kringle! After, write a letter or thank-you note to him and have it mailed to the North Pole in a special Lego mailbox. Be sure to admire the incredible Christmas tree and the Lionel and Lego train sets on display.
- 2014 Santa hours: 6 p.m. Dec. 5-6, 12-13, 19-20
- Address: Wolcott Mill Metropark, 64162 Kunstman Road, Ray Township
- Phone: 586-749-5997
- Cost: $5/person, $7/park vehicle entry fee
Enjoy a visit with Santa in the mill, make some holiday crafts and take a trip into the past while admiring some historic holiday displays with scenes from the 1840s-1960s. Enjoy a cup of hot mulled cider or hot chocolate and hang out by the bonfire, too.
- 2014 Santa hours: Free photos 10 a.m.-noon and 2-6 p.m. Saturday Dec. 13
- Address: Schiffer Park
- Phone: 248-546-1632
Santa makes a special appearance at Ferndale's one-day Holiday Ice Festival. Get a photo with Mr. Claus; then check out the rest of the festival, including ice sculptures and holiday music (10 a.m.-6 p.m.).
- 2014 Santa hours: parade starts at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21
- Address: East Main Street, Northville
- Phone: 248-349-7640
Bring the whole family for a night of dazzling lights and parade floats at this year's lighted parade; Santa will be sticking around after for those who want to say hello and have their wishes heard.
- 2014 Santa hours: 3-5 p.m. Nov. 23
- Address: Baldwin Theater, 415 S Lafayette Ave, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-246-3280
The Holiday Magic Parade delights all of downtown Royal Oak at 2 p.m. After Santa has made his way through the parade, he visits with his fans.
- 2014 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 6, 13 and 20
- Address: Kerrytown Market & Shops, 407 N. Fifth Ave., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-662-5008
Come visit Santa at Kerrytown and enjoy live music from local schools, musicians and choral groups.
- 2014 Santa hours: 4-10 p.m. Dec. 5, noon-10 p.m. Dec. 6
- Address: West Fourth Street between Walnut and Main streets, Rochester
- Phone: 248-656-0060
Inspired by the open-air holiday markets of Europe, the Kris Kringle Market is a great opportunity to shop for special gifts, enjoy fresh foods and hot drinks and of course for a visit and photo with Mr. Claus.
- 2014 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, noon-6 p.m. Sundays Nov. 8-Dec. 11; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Dec. 14 and 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Dec. 21 (Sundays); 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays Dec. 12-23 and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24 (runs Nov. 8-Dec. 24)
- Address: 14000 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-247-1590
Come out to visit Santa when he arrives at Lakeside Mall this holiday season!
- 2014 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays (breaks 1:30-2 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m.), noon-6 p.m. Sundays (breaks 2:30-3 p.m.); 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24; pet photos available 6-9 p.m. Mondays Nov. 10-Dec. 15 (entire visit runs Nov. 8-Dec. 24); reindeer feedings; 1:30-2 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays, 2:30-3 p.m. Sundays
- Address: 37700 W. Six Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 734-462-1100
Enjoy the many shops and eateries after your visit with Mr. Claus. Find him conveniently located in the food court, and be sure to take advantage of a variety of photo packages. Don't miss out on Santa feeding his reindeer, too. Bring your pets on Mondays for a cute photo opp with Santa, too!
- 2014 Santa hours: noon-3 p.m. Dec. 6-7, 13-14 and 20-21 (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Address: 50165 Eight Mile Road, Northville
- Cost: A smile and a donation to help feed the animals of Maybury Farm during the winter months
- Phone: 248-374-0200
Bring your camera for a photo with Santa and his sleigh as Maybury Farm welcomes St. Nick with a warm fire at its welcome center. Parents can enjoy hot cocoa and cookies while they visit the gift shop full of jellies, jams, honey (from the farm) and other Michigan-made holiday gifts.
- 2014 Santa hours, "African-American Santa": 4-7 p.m. Nov. 27, 2-7 p.m. Nov. 29, 2-6 p.m. Dec. 6, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 13, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 22-23,
- 2014 Santa hours, "Caucasian Santa": 2-7 p.m. Nov. 28, 2-6 p.m. Nov. 30, 2-6 p.m. Dec. 7, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 15-21, 2-4 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 21500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield
- Phone: 248-569-6272
This mall offers a choice of Santas for children to visit. Throughout the holiday season, professional photos are provided to capture your visit. Holiday gift wrap also is available next to Santa by the food court.
- 2014 Santa hours: Nov. 8-Dec. 11: noon-8 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays (breaks 3-4 p.m.), 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays (breaks noon-12:45 p.m. and 3:45-4:30 p.m.), noon-6 p.m. Sundays (breaks 2:30-3:15 p.m.); Dec. 12-23: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Sundays (breaks noon-12:45 p.m. and 3:45-4:30 p.m.); Dec. 24: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (breaks 1-1:45 p.m.); closed Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 (entire event runs Nov. 8-Dec. 24)
- Address: 412 W. 14 Mile Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-585-6000
Santa meets kids at Oakland Mall throughout the holiday season on the lower level near JCPenney. A variety of photo packages are available.
- 2014 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-noon, Dec. 6
- Address: 6445 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-855-3330
Your child will want to check out Toyology in the mall before heading off to have breakfast with Santa at this West Bloomfield shopping hub.
- 2014 Santa hours: 6-8:30 p.m. Nov. 28, noon-4 p.m. Nov. 29, noon-4 p.m. Dec. 6, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 13, noon-4 p.m. Dec. 14, 6-8 p.m. Dec. 19, noon-5 pm. Dec. 20, noon-4 p.m. Dec. 21, 5-8 p.m. Dec. 23
- Address: Santa's House in Kellogg Park, South Main Street and West Ann Arbor Trail, downtown Plymouth
- Phone: 734-453-1540
Santa steps into his special seasonal house to hear good boys' and girls' wish lists. Sponsored by Hines Park Lincoln and the Plymouth Community Chamber of Commerce.
- 2014 Santa hours: Event runs noon-8 p.m. Nov. 8 and 2-9 p.m. Nov. 9
- Address: Nordstrom, 17310 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-226-0330
Swing by to visit the jolly guy and share those holiday wish lists.
- 2014 Santa hours: 9 a.m.-close Nov. 15, 8 a.m.-close daily Nov. 16-Dec. 24
- Address: 2800 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-643-6360
Come welcome Santa on Nov. 15 at 9 a.m., he will be there daily till Christmas as part of a truly grand display complete with his icy castle. (Note: Call the mall for closing times; may vary as the holiday draws near.)
- 2014 Santa hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 29, Dec. 6, 13 and 20
- Address: Kercheval between St. Clair and Neff streets, Grosse Pointe (across from the CVS)
- Phone: 313-886-7474
Santa is here to hear wishes four Saturdays in a row in "Santa's Village." Bring a camera to capture the moment. You can make holiday cards, too.
- 2014 Santa hours: 5-8 p.m. Dec. 5, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 6-7 and 13-14, noon-7 p.m. Dec. 19, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 20, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 21, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 22-23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: northeast corner of Walton and Adams roads, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-375-9451
Santa will make his Village of Rochester debut at the annual Village Tree Lighting on Nov. 21, where over 850,000 lights celebrate the holiday season. Kris Kringle then makes additional appearances throughout the season.
- 2014 Santa hours: all mall hours (see holiday mall hours) with breaks 12:30-1 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and 1-1:30 p.m. Sundays; exceptions: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Nov. 28 (breaks 12:30-1 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m.); 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Dec. 24 (breaks noon-12:30 p.m.) (entire visit runs Nov. 6-Dec. 24)
- Address: 27500 Novi Road, Novi
- Phone: 248-348-9438
You and your kids will be amazed at the Ice Palace at Twelve Oaks Mall featuring characters from Disney's Frozen. There is a 30-foot globe with falling snow, a light show and activities for the whole family.
- 2014 Santa hours: 6-8 p.m. Dec. 2
- Address: Waterford Township Hall, 5200 Civic Center Drive, Waterford
- Phone: 248-674-5441
Singalong carols, craft-making and roasting s'mores are all part of this fun and free event in Waterford. Of course you'll want to make sure to visit with St. Nick! Food concessions available for purchase.
- 2014 Santa hours: one hour after the mall is scheduled to open and one hour before the mall is scheduled to close (see holiday mall hours), Nov. 8-Dec. 24
- Address: 35000 W. Warren Road, Westland
- Phone: 734-425-5001
Don't miss the special appearance from a man all the way from the North Pole. Loads of photo package options available for purchase.
- 2014 Santa hours: 4-8 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 2-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays Nov. 30-Dec. 24 (Note: Dec. 24 hours are 10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Address: Lincoln Park Bandshell, 3240 Ferris Ave., Lincoln Park
- Phone: 313-381-2833 (talk to Debbie)
- Cost: $1/admission, $3/digital photo, $5/two photos (free photos if you bring your own camera)
Now in its 50th year, Lincoln Park's Winter Fantasyland steps it up this year with "lights, lights and more lights!" Keep an eye out for updated displays. Mr. and Mrs. Claus will there for photo opportunities.