Santa Appearances in Southeast Michigan
Get your camera and visit these locales in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties with your kids for their 2012 sit-down with Santa Claus
(page 1 of 2)
He's making a list and checking it twice – and then heading to a store near you! For a chance for your child to have a chat with Santa, check out where you can find him throughout the metro Detroit and Ann Arbor areas.
- 2012 Santa hours: contact mall for Santa times
- Address: 100 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-769-9610
Head to Briarwood Mall on Nov. 9 for Santa's arrival, which will be heralded by Voices in Harmony. To support C.S. Mott Children's Hospital's Family Hope Fund, sign up for the Santa Breakfast at California Pizza Kitchen at 9 a.m. Dec. 8. For children with sensitivities to flashes and music, there's a Caring Santa event 9 a.m. Dec. 9. There also are select Sundays where your pet can get a photo with Santa.
- 2012 Santa hours: 8-10 a.m. Dec. 1, 8 and 15 (Saturdays)
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717 (press 9)
- Cost: $30/ages 15-plus, $25/ages 14 and under; this cost includes zoo admission and parking
Santa is stopping by for breakfast at this event that has become a Detroit Zoo tradition. Breakfast with Santa is held in the zoo's Wildlife Interpretive Gallery, so reserve your seat today – tickets are limited and tend to go quickly.
- 2012 Santa hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 17, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 18, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 23-24, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 25, 4-7 p.m. Nov. 30, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 1, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 2, 4-7 p.m. Dec. 7, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 8, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 9, 4-7 p.m. Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 15, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 16-23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 1800 Vernier Road, Harper Woods
- Phone: 313-371-1501
Santa makes his way to Harper Woods on Nov. 17. As part of the fun, Mrs. Claus and the elves will be on hand, along with live reindeer. There's also face painting, cookies, crafts and more!
- 2012 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 8-Dec. 23; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 18900 Michigan Ave., Dearborn
- Phone: 800-992-9500
Step into the movie Ice Age 4: Continental Drift at the Fairlane Town Center. There are decorations through the mall to help kids get into the holiday spirit.
- 2012 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-noon and 2-4 p.m. Dec. 8
- Address: Corner of Planavon Street and Nine Mile Road, Ferndale
- Phone: 248-546-1632
As part of the MotorCity Casino Hotel Presents Holiday Ice & Winterfest Market in Ferndale Dec. 7-9, makes a big arrival. Instead of reindeer, Santa winds his way through town in a fire truck.
- 2012 Santa hours: available after the play, 11:30 a.m. Saturdays Dec. 1-22 and 1 p.m. Sundays Dec. 2-23
- Address: 108 E. Main St., Northville
- Phone: 248-349-0522
- Cost: $14.95/kids, $17.95/adults
Watch a holiday-themed play and then let your child get her picture with Santa at this favorite Northville theater. The story this year revolves around a little girl with a special request from St. Nick: The title says it all, "I want an Alien for Christmas."
- 2012 Santa hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Sunday, Nov. 23-Dec. 24
- Museum hours: 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
- Address: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Phone: 800-835-5237
- Cost: $17/adults, $12.50/ages 5-12, free/under age 5 (parking is $5 per vehicle)
After a chat with Santa, your child can write and letter or thank-you note to him and then mail it in a special LEGO mailbox. Along with an amazing Christmas tree, your child will love checking out two trains on display for visitors.
- 2012 Santa hours: call for hours
- Address: 64100 Kunstman Road, Ray Township
- Phone: 586-749-5997
- Cost: $5 daily or $25 annual Metropark vehicle entry permit is required
Ready for some hot cider? What about s'mores roasted over a fire? Enjoy a visit with Santa along with an adventure to a 1950s farm at the Wolcott Mill Metropark. See its website for all of the holiday happenings.
- 2012 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 22
- Address: Kerrytown Market & Shops, 407 N. Fifth Ave., Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-662-5008
Get your picture taken with Santa on the first floor (near Hollander's) at this Ann Arbor hub. Santa will also be making a special appearance at Kerrytown's Midnight Madness and KindleFest 6-9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30.
- 2012 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sundays (pre-Thanksgiving) and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (post-Thanksgiving); 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 14000 Lakeside Circle, Sterling Heights
- Phone: 586-247-1590
Santa will be arriving at noon on Nov. 10 at Lakeside Mall. The Stevenson Marching Band helps celebrate his arrival. There are also special events planned on Dec. 8 where kids ages 8 and under can attend an Elf Academy with a parent.
- 2012 Santa hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday (breaks 1:30-2 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m.), noon-6 p.m. Sundays (breaks 2:30-3 p.m.), pet photos available 6-9 p.m. Mondays through Dec. 17
- Address: 37700 W. Six Mile Road, Livonia
- Phone: 734-462-1100
Ho! Ho! Ho! Did you hear Santa? He's at this Livonia mall welcoming visitors. When you're done seeing Santa, enjoy the many shops and eateries. Santa comes to town at 10 a.m. Nov. 10 in the food court. Breakfast with Santa is available 8 a.m. Dec. 15; go to the concierge desk to reserve your spot!