Santa Appearances in Southeast Michigan
Get your camera and visit these locales in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties with your kids for their 2012 sit-down with Santa Claus
(page 2 of 2)
- 2012 Santa hours: noon-3 p.m. Dec. 8-9 and Dec. 15-16
- Address: 50165 Eight Mile Road, Northville
- Phone: 248-374-0200
Let your child get a picture with Santa and his sleigh at the welcome center at Northville's Maybury Farm. Don't worry: If it's chilly outside, there's always a fire roaring to keep you warm inside!
- 2012 Santa hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 24, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 25, 4-7 p.m. Nov. 30, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 1, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 2, 4-7 p.m. Dec. 7, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 8, noon-5 p.m. Dec. 9, 4-7 p.m. Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 15, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 16-23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 21500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield
- Phone: 248-569-6272
He's making a list and checking it twice before heading to Southfield. Join the Santa arrival celebration 2 p.m. Nov. 23. There will be cookies, crafts, and caroling.
- 2012 Santa hours: parade starts at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 18
- Address: East Main Street, Northville
- Phone: 248-349-7640
For an evening of lights and magic, your kids can watch the twinkling floats go by as part of the Holiday Lighted Parade in downtown Northville. Santa will be on hand after the parade for those who want to pass along their wish lists.
- 2012 Santa hours: noon 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday (break 3-3:45 p.m.), 10 a.m.-8 p.m. (breaks 1-1:45 p.m. and 4:30-5:15 p.m.), 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sundays Nov. 3-18 (breaks 2:30-3:15 p.m.), 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday Nov. 19-Dec. 23 (closed Thanksgiving) (breaks 1-1:45 p.m. and 4:30-5:15 p.m.), 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: 412 W. 14 Mile Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-585-6000
Santa arrives early in Troy, making his way to Oakland Mall Nov. 2. Along with getting your child's picture with St. Nick, make sure to have your kiddo take a ride on the Oakland Mall Express.
- 2012 Santa Hours: contact mall for Santa times
- Address: 6445 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield
- Phone: 248-855-3330
See if you can pry your child out of Toyology before heading off to see Santa at this West Bloomfield locale.
- 2012 Santa hours: during the tree lighting ceremony, 7 p.m. Nov. 11
- Address: 17420 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-226-0330
This open-air shopping center features a 30-foot fireplace and lots of shops to peruse. Of course, Santa is on hand too to hear your child's Christmas wishes. At Nordstrom, your child can have breakfast with Santa 8 a.m.-10 a.m. Dec. 15 for $17. Call 586-203-4360 for more; parents should bring their own cameras.
- 2012 Santa hours: 2-10 p.m. Nov. 30, noon-10 p.m. Dec. 1
- Address: West Fourth Street between Walnut and Main streets
- Phone: 248-656-0060
Come to the Kris Kringle Market to shop for special gifts for friends and family. Enjoy fresh foods, decorations and more at this outdoor celebration.
- 2012 Santa hours: call for Santa times
- Address: downtown Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-246-3280
The Holiday Magic Parade makes its way through downtown Royal Oak 2 p.m. Nov. 18. The Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place at 7 p.m. Nov. 29; activities start at 4 p.m.
- 2012 Santa hours: contact mall for Santa times
- Address: 2800 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-643-6360
Santa comes to Troy Nov. 16 and will be greeting children starting on the Nov. 17. Head to the grand court on the first level for pictures with the guy in red and plenty of holiday sights that will delight your kids!
- 2012 Santa hours: all mall hours with breaks 12:30-1 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and 1-1:30 p.m. Sundays
- Address: 27500 Novi Road, Novi
- Phone: 248-348-9438
Your kids will be amazed at the Ice Palace at Twelve Oaks Mall featuring a 30-foot ice dome with falling snow, a light show and displays celebrating the family film Ice Age: Continental Drift.
- 2012 Santa hours: parade begins at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 23
- Address: parade begins corner of Lewiston Road and Kercheval Avenue, Grosse Pointe
- Phone: 313-881-1381
It's time for the 37th Annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade! Marvel at bands, floats and 100 more displays that make their way on the parade route. (See the listing for The Village Toy Company to find out when your child can have some one-on-one time with Santa.)
- 2012 Santa hours: noon-4 p.m. Nov. 23-24 and Dec. 1 and 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 15
- Store hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-4 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 17112 Kercheval Ave., The Village, Downtown Grosse Pointe
- Phone: 313-882-1300
This favorite toyshop located in downtown Grosse Pointe becomes a children's wonderland come Christmas time.
- 2012 Santa hours: 7-9 p.m. Nov. 16, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 17-18, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 23; noon-5 p.m. Nov. 24-25, Dec. 1-2 and Dec. 8-9; 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 15, noon-6 p.m. Dec. 16, noon-7 p.m. Dec. 21, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 22, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: northeast corner of Walton and Adams roads
- Phone: 248-375-9451
Wave to Santa as he makes his grand entrance 5:30-9 p.m. Nov. 16 during the Light the Village event. The parade starts at 7 p.m., when 850,000 are lit up to celebrate the season.
- 2012 Santa hours: 6-8 p.m. Dec. 4
- Address: Waterford Township Hall, 5200 Civic Center Drive, Waterford
- Phone: 248-674-5441
Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for this annual tree-lighting event outside the Waterford Town Hall Building. Participate in singing Christmas carols or let your kids decorate cookies or make s'mores. It's all part of the fun!
Westland Historical Village
- 2012 Santa hours: call for hours
- Address: 857 N. Wayne Road between Cherry Hill and Wayne roads
- Phone: 734-728-3104
Explore historic homes that are decorated for the season at this treasured Westland spot. Check the website for updates on holiday events.
Westland Shopping Center
- 2012 Santa hours: call mall for Santa times
- Address: 35000 W. Warren Road, Westland
- Phone: 734-425-5001
The sleigh bells are ringing at this fun family mall that features a kiddy play area. Santa will be ready and waiting to greet your children and flash a smile for the camera.
- 2012 Santa hours: 5-8 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 2-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays (Nov. 22-Dec. 24)
- Address: Lincoln Park Bandshell, Ferris Avenue, Lincoln Park
- Phone: 313-381-2833
- Cost: $1/admission
This is the 46th year that Lincoln Park has been celebrating Christmas with displays and decorations that make up the Winter Fantasyland. Santa will be there, too, along with Mrs. Claus!