Santa Appearances in Southeast Michigan
Have you been good in 2013? It's time for an annual visit with Mr. Claus! Here are top places in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties to meet him.
(page 2 of 2)
- 2013 Santa hours: 3-6 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, Nov. 30-Dec. 22
- Address: Nordstrom, 17310 Hall Road, Clinton Township
- Phone: 586-226-0330
Swing by Nordstrom to visit the jolly guy himself and share those holiday wish lists. Be sure to bring your own camera, as the store doesn't print out photos.
- 2013 Santa hours: 4-10 p.m. Dec. 6, noon-10 p.m. Dec. 7
- Address: West Fourth Street between Walnut and Main streets, Rochester
- Phone: 248-656-0060
Inspired by the open-air holiday markets of Europe, the Kris Kringle Market is a great opportunity to shop for special gifts, enjoy fresh foods and hot drinks and of course for a visit and photo with Mr. Claus.
- 2013 Santa hours: 3-5 p.m.
- Address: Emagine Entertainment, 200 N. Main Street, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-246-3280
The Holiday Magic Parade delights all of downtown Royal Oak at 2 p.m. Nov. 24. After Santa has made his way through the parade, he will be visiting with his fans at the Emagine movie complex on Main Street.
- 2013 Santa hours: 8 a.m.-mall closing each day with brief breaks, Nov. 16-Dec. 24 (see holiday mall hours)
- Address: 2800 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy
- Phone: 248-643-6360
There's a big to-do to welcome the big guy on Nov. 16. New this year is the Somerset KIDS Collection, located right next to Santa's castle. Children spend $5 to shop, selecting five gifts for friends and family. Mom, dad or accompanying adults wait outside for them while the kids pick out their gifts for them!.
- 2013 Santa hours: all mall hours (see holiday mall hours) with breaks 12:30-1 p.m. and 5:30-6 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and 1-1:30 p.m. Sundays (entire visit runs Nov. 7-Dec. 24)
- Address: 27500 Novi Road, Novi
- Phone: 248-348-9438
You and your kids will be amazed at the Ice Palace at Twelve Oaks Mall featuring a 30-foot ice dome with falling snow, a light show and displays. While you wait for Santa and a special gift, marvel at breathtaking video footage from BBC Earth's Frozen Planet.
- 2013 Santa hours: parade begins 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 29
- Address: parade begins corner of Lewiston Road and Kercheval Avenue, Grosse Pointe
- Phone: 313-881-1381
The annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade is here! See the hundreds of parade participants wind through downtown Grosse Pointe. You'll have plenty of time to meet with Santa, as he stays in The Village until 4 p.m.
- 2013 Santa hours: 6-9 p.m. Nov. 22, noon-5 p.m. Nov. 23-24, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 29; noon-5 p.m. Nov. 30-Dec. 1, Dec. 7-8, Dec. 14-15; noon-7 p.m. Dec. 20, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Dec. 22-23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 24
- Address: northeast corner of Walton and Adams roads, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-375-9451
Santa will make his Village of Rochester debut at the annual Village Tree Lighting (6-9 p.m. on Nov. 22), where over 850,000 lights celebrate the holiday season. Kris Kringle then makes additional appearances throughout the season.
- 2013 Santa hours: 6-8 p.m. Dec. 3
- Address: Waterford Township Hall, 5200 Civic Center Drive, Waterford
- Phone: 248-674-5441
Sing-along carols, craft-making and roasting s'mores are all part of this fun and free event in Waterford. Of course you'll want to make sure to visit with St. Nick! Food concessions available for purchase.
- 2013 Santa hours: arrives one hour after the mall is scheduled to open and one hour before the mall is scheduled to close (see holiday mall hours listings), Nov. 9-Dec. 24
- Address: 35000 W. Warren Road, Westland
- Phone: 734-425-5001
Don't miss the special appearance from a man all the way from the North Pole. In 2013, the mall touts that Santa has lost the "wait" – you can preorder a Santa Fast Pass to skip the line on a select date. Loads of photo package options, too.
- 2013 Santa hours: 4-8 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 2-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, Nov. 30-Dec. 24
- Address: Lincoln Park Bandshell, 3240 Ferris Ave., Lincoln Park
- Phone: 313-381-2833
- Cost: $1/admission, $3/digital photo, $5/two photos (free photos if you bring your own camera)
Now in its 49th year, Lincoln Park's Winter Fantasyland steps it up this year with "lights, lights and more lights!" Keep an eye out for updated displays. Mr. and Mrs. Claus will there for photo opportunities.