Thanksgiving Family Events in Southeast Michigan
Southeast Michigan has tons of pre-Turkey Day fun in store during November 2012 – from activities to big festivals, events and stage shows
(page 1 of 4)
TThanksgiving is the official kick-off to the holiday season. And this November, there are tons of events, activities and shows to enjoy with the family in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. So bundle up get head out these local spots for pre- (and post-!) Turkey Day fun. Metro Parent's got you covered with our 2012 roundup of Thanksgiving themed events in southeast Michigan throughout the month.
Nov. 3, 2012
- Address: Bicentennial Park, by Seven Mile and Wayne roads, Livonia
- Phone: 734-466-2410
- Times: 9 a.m. check-in, 9:30 a.m. start
- Cost: $10
This annual event returns for a seventh year. Walk or run the 5K route – you'll get a T-shirt, drink and snack for your participation. Money raised benefits families in need with Christmas dinner.
- Address: 10125 E. Jefferson Ave., Detroit.
- Phone: 313-626-2000
- Times: 10 a.m.-noon or noon-2 p.m.
- Cost: $30
This Detroit spot gives kids the chance to exercise their creativity – and make a beautiful piece of pottery that your family will treasure for years.
Nov. 9, 2012
- Address: 333 N. Hill Circle, Rochester
- Phone: 248-656-0999
- Times: 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Cost: $5/person, $15/max family
Ever used a turkey caller? Well, you will now to discover a turkey's language. Plus, kids do a craft and families enjoy an evening campfire.
Nov. 10, 2012
- Address: 27005 S. Milford Road, South Lyon
- Phone: 248-437-8800
- Times: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free
Head to this local library to talk about Thanksgiving and make a special craft in honor of the holiday – perfect to display at the dinner table on Turkey Day.
- Address: 7400 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills
- Phone: 248-851-1100
- Times: 9:30 a.m. service, 10 a.m. snack and crafts
- Cost: Free
Learn about Shabbat and the holidays at this service, which is followed by a snack and craft.