Thanksgiving Family Events in Southeast Michigan
Southeast Michigan has tons of pre-Turkey Day fun in store during November 2012 – from activities to big festivals, events and stage shows
(page 2 of 4)
Nov. 16, 2012
- Address: 207 Wilson Hall, Rochester
- Phone: 248-377-3300
- Times: 8 p.m. today, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday; also Nov. 23-25, 29-Dec. 2, 5-9, 12-16 and 18-23
- Cost: $15-$40
Folks ages 5 and up are in for a holiday treat during the Meadow Brook Theatre's 30th annual production of the Charles Dickens classic about Ebenezer Scrooge.
Nov. 17, 2012
Cars, Trees & Traditions at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum
- Address: 1 Chrysler Drive, Auburn Hills
- Phone: 888-456-1924
- Times: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, through Dec. 30
- Cost: $8/adults, $4/ages 6-12, free/5 and under
Check out all the model trains at this annual event, which also features beautifully decorated trees for the holidays. Kids can do a craft and a scavenger hunt, too!
- Address: 28600 11 Mile Road, Farmington Hills
- Phone: 248-473-1800
- Times: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Cost: $5/kids, free/ages 5 and under
Families can take a self-guided scavenger hunt – then listen to stories and play games around the campfire.
- Address: 5060 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor
- Phone: 734-645-1030
- Times: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Cost: $50/person
Is your child destined to be on Cupcake Wars? Bakers – ages 8 and up – will learn how to make and decorate cupcakes for Thanksgiving. Register.
- Address: 330 Family Drive, Milford
- Phone: 248-684-0845
- Times: 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Cost: Free
Deck the halls – for Turkey Day! Kids ages 5-12 can make a cool craft for the holiday at this Oakland County library.
Nov. 18, 2012
- Address: downtown Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-246-3065
- Times: 2-4 p.m.
- Cost: Free
Some 80 marching bands, floats, musical performers and circus acts come together for this 11th annual event – which takes over downtown Royal Oak.
- Address: 333 N. Hill Circle, Rochester
- Phone: 248-656-0999
- Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Cost: $3/members, $5/non-members, free/adults
A puppet show helps the little tykes learn all about the holiday. They can do a craft after the show, too! Register.