Halloween October Events in Southeast Michigan
Trick or treat! Check out these 2013 spooky and family-friendly activities all month long in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties.
(page 1 of 4)
Whether you want to catch a silly show, hit up a kooky festival in costume or get a fun little scare, these family-friendly Halloween events – just for your pint-sized pumpkins – get the job done! Check out Metro Parent's roundup here to decide which spooktacular shenanigan is the perfect "pick of the patch" for you and your children this season.
Oct. 3-24, 2013 (Thursdays)
- Address: 760 Penniman Ave., Plymouth
- Phone: 734-453-0870
- Schedule: 7 p.m. Thursday
- Cost: $3
It's an old-school cinema experience featuring The Fly, The Mummy, Phantom of the Opera and Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein.
Oct. 4-5, 2013
- Address: 17360 Lahser Road, Detroit
- Phone: 313-537-2560
- Schedule: 8 p.m. Friday, 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday
- Cost: $5/movie, $13/all three movies
A pre-show concert kicks off the fun and gets you into the creepy spirit, which continues with screenings of Diary of a Mad Man, The Raven, House of Wax and more.
Oct. 5, 2013
- Address: Martin Road Park Activity Center, 1615 E. Lewiston Ave., Ferndale
- Phone: 248-544-6767
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday
- Cost: $5/ages 3-15, $2/ages 16-plus, free/2 and under
Crafts, carnival games, face painting, hayrides, pony rides and much more are in store at this annual event.
Oct. 5-27, 2013 (Saturdays-Sundays)
- Address: 135 E. Main St., Northville
- Phone: 248-349-8110
- Schedule: 2:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday; additional shows 7 p.m. Oct. 25 (Friday) and 11 a.m. Oct. 26 (Saturday)
- Cost: $9
Head to Northville to catch this not-scary live musical show – perfect for kids 3 and older.
Oct. 5-30, 2013
- Address: 29350 W. Chicago St., Livonia
- Phone: 734-466-2410
- Schedule: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, noon-7:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday (Note: The Haunted Barn is open Saturdays Oct. 12, 19 and 26 from noon-7:30 p.m. and Sundays Oct. 13, 20 and 27)
- Cost: free admission, $3/pony rides, $1.75-$2.50/hayrides, $1/barn
It's apple cider and doughnut season – but that's not all you can enjoy at this annual event, which takes place daily. Pick a pumpkin, take a pony ride or hayride and much more.
Oct. 11-27, 2013 (weekends)
- Address: 20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn
- Phone: 313-982-6001
- Schedule: 6:30-9 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 6:30-8 p.m. Sunday
- Cost: free with admission: $15/ages 3-plus, free/ages 2 and under; $5/parking
More than 1,000 carved jack-o'-lanterns light up the grounds of Greenfield Village during this annual, old-fashioned spooky (and silly!) celebration. Don your costume and trick or treat through the village; there will be 11 treat stations along the way. (Note: Tours leave every half hour. You must register for this event.)
Oct. 11-27, 2013 (weekends)
- Address: 8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Phone: 248-541-5717
- Schedule: 6-8 p.m. Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays
- Cost: $8/ages 2-plus (advance ticket), $11/tickets at gate (very limited supplies), $5/parking, per vehicle
Stop by the Zoo Boo Revue tent for live entertainment, or hit up the Ghouly Games tent for kids activities at this annual family-friendly fest. The reptile house boasts a haunted walk-through for kids, too. There's so much to do at this event! (Note: Advance registration is highly recommended; can sell out.)
Oct. 12, 2013
- Address: 1005 Van Hoosen Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-656-4663
- Schedule: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Cost: $7/ages 2 and up, includes a pumpkin
You will get to see over 1,000 carved pumpkins lining walls that surround the Rochester Hills museum. You can carve your own pumpkin and come back in the evening to see it lit amongst the other jack-o'-lanterns – you get to take your pumpkin home, too! You can also enjoy pumpkin bowling, the pioneer playground, music, food, fire trucks, hayrides and much more.
Oct. 18, 2013
- Address: 33175 Ann Arbor Trail, Westland
- Phone: 734-261-1990
- Schedule: 6-9 p.m. Friday
- Cost: $6/kids, $2/adults
What will you encounter in the woods at night? Tons of "not-so-scary" forest dwellers! This guided evening hike is great for kids – and once the hike is over, they'll enjoy an indoor presentation of creatures from around the world. (Note: Register in advance to get your confirmed start time.)
Oct. 18-20, 2013
- Address: 333 N. Hill Circle, Rochester
- Phone: 248-656-0999
- Schedule: 6:20-8:30 p.m., Friday-Saturday, 5:30-7 p.m., Sunday (NOTE: register in advance)
- Cost: $7
Nature-loving kids can walk the trail and discover some kooky characters along the way. This annual event features family-friendly skits throughout the woods. Groups leave every 10 minutes. (Note: Registration is required. Register ASAP.)