Rochester Hills has Toys, Play Spots, a Museum, Great Food and More for Kids
Known as a great place to raise a family, this city is also worth a visit for its awesome shopping, top-notch restaurants, entertainment and more
(page 1 of 3)
As one resident put it, this community has "the perfect mix of town and country." Situated on about 32 square miles in Oakland County, it has a great mix of shopping and restaurants – coupled with plenty of parks and spots to unwind and spend a little family time, whether you're into go-kart action, catching a first-run movie, taking in a little live theater or finding a new book or toy. Discover what this city has in store!
- Address: 6900 Rochester Road, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-453-5334
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, closed Sunday
Soft-serve, self-serve cultured frozen yogurt: Sate your sweet tooth for as little as 29 calories an ounce with oodles of flavors you can top with 50-plus garnishes, from fresh fruits to cereals and candy. The shop also has a location in Royal Oak.
- Address: 1928 Star Batt Drive, Suite B, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-852-6288
- Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Cost: $8/children 2 and older, $6/ages 1-2, free/ages 1 and under, parents, caregivers
Kids can become pretend chefs, play games, try out crafts and more at this indoor 5,200 square-foot play center that aims to keep children for infants to teens busy and entertained.
- Address: 3074 Walton Blvd., Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-375-2400
- Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-6 p.m. Sunday
Find stacks of toys and books that will inspire your child's imagination at this toy store, situated in University Square Shopping Center, that also offers frequent events for kids and families.
- Address: 3204 Walton Blvd., Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-375-3060
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday and Sunday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday
It's all about the Angus beef at this slider joint. Bonus: The meat, produce and buns are all locally sourced from Michigan. (Check out its sister spot in Royal Oak, too.)
- Address: 2145 Avon Industrial Drive, Rochester Hills
- Phone: 248-852-9100
- Hours: 1 p.m.-midnight Monday, 9 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesday, 9 a.m.-midnight Wednesday, 1 p.m.-1 a.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-1:30 a.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-midnight Sunday
- Cost: Rates vary; lots of specials
Whether you're up for some family fun or interested in getting into a league or booking that next birthday party, this 32-lane destination is packed with state-of-the-art equipment. Lots of bumper lanes just for kids and glow bowling, too.
- Address: Rochester Hills portion starts at Adams Road (just north of Auburn Road) and ends at Rochester Road (south of Walton Boulevard)
- Phone: 248-656-4673
- Hours: dawn-dusk
Hike, bike or walk through 16 miles of trails that stretch through several communities – including a 4.5-mile swath of Rochester Hills. There's also fishing, kayaking/canoeing and wildlife viewing.